DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battery Use: Display uses 55%+???

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx

Battery Use: Display uses 55%+???

I got my Droid at the beginning of the month. It was entirely fine for about the first week. The battery use was really great. Was browsing the market, listening to music, using the net, texting, and using instant messenger (Meebo) for about 7 hours and it only dropped to like 50%

Well over the past few days it's been really bad...

All I do is listen to Slacker/Pandora during school, about 6 hours, and by the end of school, i'm down to 15% battery life.

I use the Advanced Task killer almost every time I touch the phone, right after unlock and right before locking.

Going into the Battery Use of settings, everything is below 25-30% but Display hangs around 55% and up. I'm not sure if this changes once I lock the phone or not.

I have 2 weatherbug, Pandora and Slacker widgets on my left screen and Meridian on my home screen... But they have always been there since day one. Than there's a couple icons.

I'd really like to know what the deal is...

Also, I do not leave it plugged in all the time, i just charge it to 100% and than unplug it.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    My display is always in the 40's...

Why do you use ATK so much?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    get off the task killer.. it is just another thing your phone has to do and doesn't really help. turn your screen brightness down and it will save a bunch of power. mine stays around 36% with a 2 minute timeout
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    also, a "100%" charge doesn't really mean 100%.. that little animated battery icon will quit at some point, but that point isn't 100%. well kinda it is, but not really...

there's a stickied post here somewhere called "important things to know about battery usage" or something like that.. i'm supposed to be writing a paper, check it out if you are interested..
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I don't understand what the problem is here. The OtP is using the phone all day long to listen to music and says he browses the market, uses text and other things. 50% after 7 hours sounds about right to me. And I so agree get rid of ATK. That's probably sucking up battery usage as well.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Download Screeble off the market you will see a dramatic change in battery life.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    task killers create instability in your phone and slow down.....set your brightness to auto. I have mine set to auto and use it constantly and my screen averages about 26%-35%...I have my screen timeout set to 30 mins.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    I have my brightness set to low and 1 minute screen timeout...

Also, I did read the sticky before I made this post, it did not answer my questions, thus the creation of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

I use it because a bunch of stuff keeps running in the background, such as programs I don't want to currently use. It also kills itself each time I use it, so it's not like it's constantly running.

Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I don't understand what the problem is here. The OtP is using the phone all day long to listen to music and says he browses the market, uses text and other things. 50% after 7 hours sounds about right to me. And I so agree get rid of ATK. That's probably sucking up battery usage as well.
    Did you read the whole thing? That was when I first bought the phone.

Just listening to Slacker for 6 hours drains my battery nearly dead now as opposed to being able to do 10x more when I first purchased the phone.
    Last edited by Rento; 01-23-2010 at 09:20 PM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Your battery life is on par with normal. Want to check if your screen is operating properly? Set your brightness to half, and leave it that way. Use your phone normaly besides that. If your display percentage lessens, everything is on the up and up.

On a side note, I don't know why the ability to even view this information is available. All it really does is gives people who think they have the expertise to interprut said information a chance to view it, and in turn complain about their findings... Great.
    Last edited by Redls1bird; 01-23-2010 at 10:13 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rento View Post
    I have my brightness set to low and 1 minute screen timeout...

Also, I did read the sticky before I made this post, it did not answer my questions, thus the creation of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

I use it because a bunch of stuff keeps running in the background, such as programs I don't want to currently use. It also kills itself each time I use it, so it's not like it's constantly running.

Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Did you read the whole thing? That was when I first bought the phone.

Just listening to Slacker for 6 hours drains my battery nearly dead now as opposed to being able to do 10x more when I first purchased the phone.
    Funny thing tho, those apps you are compulsively killing are meant to be running the in bg...they will restart themselves...that's why they are running without you wanting them to. I would have to assume restarting those apps everytime you turn your phone on and off eats a few more battery cycles...so you are probably contributing to your poor battery life.

btw, you're really complaining about 6 hours of streaming audio???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links