DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: I need HELP with A855 2c.7c Bootloader issue

  1. Super Moderator
    rck76's Avatar
    Member #
    195184
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,850
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #21
    Well, you could try naming the zip that guidot posted. Rename it to update.zip and put it on your sd card and use sp recovery to flash it.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited by rck76; 10-14-2011 at 03:47 AM.

  2. Senior Droid
    Axium's Avatar
    Member #
    73046
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    206
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #22
    I've heard that even though there are updates to rsdlite you should still use an older version of it. You should try 4.6. Here's my link http://www.mediafire.com/?sowrrurxuux2d9v

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Junior Droid
    alee18's Avatar
    Member #
    227882
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by rck76 View Post
    Well, you could try naming the zip that guidot posted. Rename it to update.zip and put it on your sd card and use sp recovery to flash it.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    I renamed it to update.zip
    uploaded it on 2GB SD card
    Entered the SPRecovery and then chose
    the Install option, Install/sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

    Says:

    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    Installation aborted.


    Am I doing something wrong here?


    Quote Originally Posted by Axium View Post
    I've heard that even though there are updates to rsdlite you should still use an older version of it. You should try 4.6. Here's my link RSDLite_4.6.zip

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    I downloaded RSD Lite 4.6, same results.
  4. Developer Relations
    guidot's Avatar
    Member #
    36269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,363
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    #24
    Did you "allow update.zip" first?

    1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    alee18's Avatar
    Member #
    227882
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #25
    I did click on it, but there was no message below to confirm that action. As soon as I click on Install/sdcard/update.zip

    it writes instantly the message below:

    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    Installation aborted.

    This whole process has been so frustrating, I think I have tried everything I could find..
  6. Developer Relations
    guidot's Avatar
    Member #
    36269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,363
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    #26
    You may have a dud. There have been a few of these cases, where the phone just won't take anything anymore.

    If you can't flash an SBF, and it won't install a signed VZW update, that's not a good sign.

    1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Junior Droid
    alee18's Avatar
    Member #
    227882
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    You may have a dud. There have been a few of these cases, where the phone just won't take anything anymore.

    If you can't flash an SBF, and it won't install a signed VZW update, that's not a good sign.
    Can you explain some basics to me please? so far I have been just doing everything like a money, just copying and doing steps following guides.

    1) From what I understand my phone currently is "empty" does not have an Android OS installed on it, thats why I cant do a hard reset correct?

    2) Are SBF files Im trying to install via RSD is the Android OS?

    3) Is using ROM or Rooting my phone can possibly solve my issue?

    4) Or am I having all this problems due to damaged Mother Board chip, so if I get a working MB Chip can I just drop it in my phone and will it work then?

    Thanks
  8. Developer Relations
    CJM's Avatar
    Member #
    117189
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,982
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by alee18 View Post
    Can you explain some basics to me please? so far I have been just doing everything like a money, just copying and doing steps following guides.

    1) From what I understand my phone currently is "empty" does not have an Android OS installed on it, thats why I cant do a hard reset correct?

    2) Are SBF files Im trying to install via RSD is the Android OS?

    3) Is using ROM or Rooting my phone can possibly solve my issue?

    4) Or am I having all this problems due to damaged Mother Board chip, so if I get a working MB Chip can I just drop it in my phone and will it work then?

    Thanks
    Edit:
    1-?
    2-yes
    3-if you're rooted and have a working recovery, then yes.

    Tapped from an Umbrickable DROID
    Last edited by CJM; 10-14-2011 at 06:21 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    alee18's Avatar
    Member #
    227882
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Edit:
    1-?
    2-yes
    3-if you're rooted and have a working recovery, then yes.

    Tapped from an Umbrickable DROID
    Im not sure if my phone is rooted, I bought it used in this condition. I have an SP Recovery, is that something I would use to root my phone?
    Last edited by CJM; 10-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    alee18's Avatar
    Member #
    227882
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #30
    Is ESN same thing as MEID and are they registered to a mother board chip or?

    Because I have another Droid that has a cracked screen and possibly a bad ESN, but is in working condition. If I take the MB chip from the cracked screen Droid and replace it with the one Im having trouble with bootloader, will I be able to use this phone?

    Thanks
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid X Bootloader Issue
    By griznuts in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 08:27 PM
  2. Droid A855 Bootloader stuck? Wisdom Needed :)
    By Smurff in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Droid X Bootloader Issue
    By Xeroskill in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 02:34 PM
  4. Motorla Droid A855 charging issue
    By ownedinthedome in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
  5. Bootloader issue
    By sassyredbetch in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Search tags for this page

2c.7c
,
a855 bootloader
,
a855 bootloader 2c.7c
,

bootloader 2c.7c

,

bootloader 2c.7c fix

,

droid a855 bootloader 2c.7c

,
droid bootloader 2c.7c
,
motorola a855 bootloader 2c.7c
,
motorola a855 stuck in bootloader
,
motorola droid bootloader 2c.7c fix
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+