DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Text Messaging problems

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2

Text Messaging problems

ever since my Moto. Droid 2 got ther current update 2.3.3 I have been having issues with text messaging.. I go to text and then it locks up and I have to exit out of it and try again.. sometimes I have to do this 5 or 6 times just for one message..

I hope I am not the only one with this issue... do you think I need to do a full on restore of factory setting or should I be able to fix it by downloading another messaging type....

this is really getting on my nerves...

email me your thoughts...

Carnivalclownz@aol.com
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    The tech I spoke to at my local VZ store last week said the Motorola update wasn't compatible with the "prediction" setting in text. (I think it was the Auto Finish setting.) She unchecked the setting and I thought I was in the clear. Until this evening when the problem started again. I am not receiving ANY texts (from the internet, or from someone sitting right next to me) and not able to connect to a call either. I have rebooted the phone numerous times, I no longer have a task killer app, and I have very few downloaded apps. I am not sure there is a point of having a droid if apps are conflicting with updates, as well as other apps. If I uninstall all my apps to avoid conflicts, then I shouldn't have to pay a data charge because I would be left with only phone capabilities.
    Very frustrating.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2 ANDROID 2.3.3
    Quote Originally Posted by chowerton View Post
    The tech I spoke to at my local VZ store last week said the Motorola update wasn't compatible with the "prediction" setting in text. (I think it was the Auto Finish setting.) She unchecked the setting and I thought I was in the clear. Until this evening when the problem started again. I am not receiving ANY texts (from the internet, or from someone sitting right next to me) and not able to connect to a call either. I have rebooted the phone numerous times, I no longer have a task killer app, and I have very few downloaded apps. I am not sure there is a point of having a droid if apps are conflicting with updates, as well as other apps. If I uninstall all my apps to avoid conflicts, then I shouldn't have to pay a data charge because I would be left with only phone capabilities.
    Very frustrating.
    I am have the exact same problem since the update. When I choose the TEXT app from Home page the screen goes completely white for a minute or 2 then goes back to home page. Sometimes half the screen will be white and half will be black. Sooo frustrating. Anyone with suggestions please post, Thank you.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Droid 3 on Verizon - text messaging problems

I have a new Motorola Droid 3 - my 2nd one in 2 weeks. Verizon Tech Support said it was the phone - not! Text messages to & from LG Touch are garbled more than 50% of time. There must be some incompatility during compression/encryption - doesn't happen to every message. I see threads on this forum with similar problems with Droids....assume this is just more of the same. Tech support says no know issues - but this forum has many threads with same problem. What next?

Links