So... here's the deal. I love the Droid, hands down the neatest phone I've owned. However, this phone has many problems. I have been through FIVE phones now, and about to move onto my sixth soon. This is getting ridiculous. Here are all the issues I've had:
1. Couldn't even connect to activate service. Fail.
2. Random shutdowns and I had a couple minor mishaps including the dog biting it. Fail.
3. Bottom of phone was deformed out of the box, couldn't even put a case on it. Fail.
4. Kept dropping out of 3G and was slow. Calls sucked. Fail.
5. Current phone, now having signal issues. In downtown Reston, Sterling, and Leesburg (all have towers) and phone drops out of 3G into 1x and signal strength goes haywire. Watched the strength go from 60 dBm to 100 dBm even at a stop light. Goes from two bars to three, to one, to zero, to four. I even stopped by the Verizon store in Reston and one of the display models had the same problem, other two there had full signal. About to... Fail.
I will admit, I don't miss my Blackberry, but the two things I could take from it are the push email and signal strength. My Storm had all five bars of signal almost everywhere I went.
I hate going into the store and saying "Here I am again, back for another," even though my thirty day warranty ends early February. But as of right now there's no other good phone that keeps up with the Droid. I was going to get the Omnia II but that was a disappointment.
What should I do? Should I keep going back within my thirty days until I get a working model, if I do? Or should I go back to my Storm for now and wait for the Nexus One? I'm lost...