DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Wireless Tether Speed Drops to 0 Very Often, No Apparent Reason

  1. Senior Droid
    Twitch043's Avatar
    Member #
    97526
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Wireless Tether Speed Drops to 0 Very Often, No Apparent Reason

    Hello everyone. I use a Motorola Droid 1 running Peter Alfonso's latest GPA rom (actually it says GPA16, which is weird because I believe I downloaded GPA17 but... nevertheless), running Gingerbread. I have to use Wireless Tether for my internet because I live in the middle of nowhere. It was running fairly well for a few months, occasional speed dropd but not too bad.

    But as of late it's been horrible. I've hardly been able to use the internet on my computer in the past 6 hours, there is just no speed. It may come back for 5 minutes, but then it's gone again. It's driving me insane. I have no problems using the internet on my phone.

    I was wondering if anyone had any potential answers. If any more information is needed I would be glad to give it. Thank you for reading.

    Also I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question. Please point me where to go if so.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited by Twitch043; 09-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch043 View Post
    Hello everyone. I use a Motorola Droid 1 running Peter Alfonso's latest GPA rom (actually it says GPA16, which is weird because I believe I downloaded GPA17 but... nevertheless), running Gingerbread. I have to use Wireless Tether for my internet because I live in the middle of nowhere. It was running fairly well for a few months, occasional speed dropd but not too bad.

    But as of late it's been horrible. I've hardly been able to use the internet on my computer in the past 6 hours, there is just no speed. It may come back for 5 minutes, but then it's gone again. It's driving me insane. I have no problems using the internet on my phone.

    I was wondering if anyone had any potential answers. If any more information is needed I would be glad to give it. Thank you for reading.

    Also I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question. Please point me where to go if so.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Try my deprimed kernel and see if you have the same issue.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. Senior Droid
    Twitch043's Avatar
    Member #
    97526
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Would it work even though I'm not using Bugless Beast?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums


    EDIT: sorry, looked at the wrong topic, not deprimed. XD
  5. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch043 View Post
    Would it work even though I'm not using Bugless Beast?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums


    EDIT: sorry, looked at the wrong topic, not deprimed. XD
    Well the kernel should behave on most any gingerbread revision, it was specifically designed for cyanogen mod but works on other roms.
  6. Senior Droid
    Twitch043's Avatar
    Member #
    97526
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Well the kernel should behave on most any gingerbread revision, it was specifically designed for cyanogen mod but works on other roms.
    So far it's working, I just rebooted my phone, booted up Wireless Tether and here I am on my computer. Thank you very much! I'll let you know if I start having problems again
  7. Senior Droid
    Twitch043's Avatar
    Member #
    97526
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Aaand my upload speed dropped to 0 after a couple minutes, rendering anything impossible

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    droidaddict101's Avatar
    Member #
    126841
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Binghamton
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx/D1
    #7
    Im with you. I have the same issues and haven't been able to figure it out. Hopefully somebody can figure this out. Its obnoxious trying to fill out job apps on my phone .
  9. Droid
    mithu's Avatar
    Member #
    65603
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    De, USA
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Bionic
    #8
    When you using it, do you get text messages?
  10. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    Could you provide a log when this happens? There are many applications to help obtain the system log in the market.
  11. Senior Droid
    Twitch043's Avatar
    Member #
    97526
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Mithu - Sometimes. I know that causes lag spikes, but this is CONSTANT disappearing speed, for stretches of time, not necessarily when texts are going to and fro

    prime - I changed ROMs to Cyanogenmod 7 (partially to see if it would help, partially because GPA felt too much like stock) but I'm still having the issue, so I'll try to post a log perhaps by tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Twitch043; 09-14-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tether capability with android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users)
    By webacoustics in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
  2. stock wireless tether vs ROOT wireless tether
    By gpigate in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
  3. Wireless Tether Drops Connection Randomly
    By Panamakevin in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
  5. Wireless Tether Distance/Speed
    By huskur in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 06:41 AM

Search tags for this page

android loses tether often
,
android tether drops
,
android tether loses connection to computer
,

android tethering lag

,

droid 2 drop wireless often

,

droid bionic tethering dropping

,

gpa16 tether

,
improving tethering speeds with lg revolution
,
lg revolution bluetooth tether speed
,

lg revolution tether lags

,

speeds drops to 0 wireless

,
tether speed issues
,
verizon android tether drop connection
,

why does my droid 1 lag out when wireless tether is on

,

wireless tether peter alfonso

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+