DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone won't work unless I go to Speakerphone

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Phone won't work unless I go to Speakerphone

I purchased my Droid on January 1, 2010, so it is still very new. After 2 weeks of using it, I had an experience where I received a phone call and could hear the person on the other end of the line, but he could not hear me (as if I were muted). However, I found when I pressed the "speaker" button, I could communicate with him normally. When I turned the "speaker" off, it was as if I had muted myself again.

I had no issues with this again until today, when the problem seemed to get worse. My girlfriend called me and I couldn't hear her at all and she couldn't hear me. However, when I pressed the "speaker" on, we could communicate normally. When I turned "speaker" off, we could no longer hear each other. We hung up and I called her back and everything worked fine again.

Anyone else having issues like this? Should I take the phone back to the Verizon store to get it replaced?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
    I purchased my Droid on January 1, 2010, so it is still very new. After 2 weeks of using it, I had an experience where I received a phone call and could hear the person on the other end of the line, but he could not hear me (as if I were muted). However, I found when I pressed the "speaker" button, I could communicate with him normally. When I turned the "speaker" off, it was as if I had muted myself again.

I had no issues with this again until today, when the problem seemed to get worse. My girlfriend called me and I couldn't hear her at all and she couldn't hear me. However, when I pressed the "speaker" on, we could communicate normally. When I turned "speaker" off, we could no longer hear each other. We hung up and I called her back and everything worked fine again.

Anyone else having issues like this? Should I take the phone back to the Verizon store to get it replaced?

I've seen this as well. It goes away for me after rebooting the phone.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacfinnegan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim7x View Post

If it doesn't then a trip to vzw
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacfinnegan View Post
    Yeah, I had to do that, I forgot. But I really hate knowing that such a basic function of this phone (I emphasize, PHONE) has a problem and that I am going to have to reboot the phone every time. If this rate continues, I'll have this problem two-dozen times over the next year...

I'll probably just go to verizon store to have it sorted out anyways. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem or if there was an easy / obvious fix or something I was doing stupid before I took it back.

Thanks for the reply!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    also make sure you don't have bluetooth turned on. Sometimes if I get too close to the exterior walls of my apartment the phone will pick up my bluetooth headset in my car in the parking lot (damn thing has amazing range). I don't always notice what the problem is until I look down and see the bluetooth indicator is on.

If you have a bluetooth headset or other bluetooth device in range it could be switching either all audio or just the mic to that bluetooth device.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    also make sure you don't have bluetooth turned on. Sometimes if I get too close to the exterior walls of my apartment the phone will pick up my bluetooth headset in my car in the parking lot (damn thing has amazing range). I don't always notice what the problem is until I look down and see the bluetooth indicator is on.

If you have a bluetooth headset or other bluetooth device in range it could be switching either all audio or just the mic to that bluetooth device.
    That's a great point. That used to happen to me all the time with my previous phone... but yeah, I checked the bluetooth on my Droid and it's off.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GS4
    Since I got my Droid last week, I have had the same problem, almost daily. It seems to happen after I listen to music, Pandora, Flycast, Music App. REALLY annoying and dissapointing. Not sure that an exchange will fix it though!

Think it is worth a try at an exchange?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Not sure if it relates here but I've seen a couple of threads where this problem occurs after having used the headphone jack. I played with mine a little and couldn't duplicate it. Any chance you were using headphones shortly before the issue each time? Maybe some software glitch not properly diverting audio after headphones are removed?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Due to the same problem with calls I had to exchange one of our Droids; tried reset, BT, all of them but the mic wouldn't work. The tech support guy tried lots of things but none worked. The new phone has worked flawlessly since the exchange at VZN store. That's the path I should have taken right away, just take it back.
    Egg
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    This is a REAL drag. It happens to me every few days. It does it stock aswell as rom'd. Only a reboot will fix. Terribly annoying. I will check this thread for hopefully a solution...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links