DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid 2 global stuck on m logo-HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global

Exclamation Droid 2 global stuck on m logo-HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

hello i have a droid 2 global i just got a month ago. Recently I have tried to flash a rom using clockworkmod and it wasn't working for a few tries. Soon, i was able to flash cyanogenmod 7 on my droid 2 global. I think it wrisk because i saw it saying that this rom wasn't for droid 2 global but may work. So i took the risk. When i finally flashed the cyanogenmod i really didn't like it and want to go back. So i used rom manager to flash clockwork recovery. But it didn't so i used another app to flash clockwork recovery and it rebooted. Soon, i was stuck on the m logo and i knew it because this had happened to me on my ipod touch a lot. so on stock recovery i chose restore back to factory settings and it didn't work. After a month of trying everything possible:rsdlite keep getting error 1337 510b and tried to use update.zip mehtod but keep getting signature verification errors. tried all sbf's please somebody help me i need my d2g back. i'll use any method. but ive tried it all.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    1. Don't use RomManager to download cm for a Droid 2 Global(go to rev's site or check rootzwiki). You'll be getting a Droid 2 version from rom manager, which will BRICK your phone, making you have to sbf.
    2. You do NOT need to flash clockwork again on CM4D2G. It is built in, hold power, click reboot, select recovery. Don't use DX/D2 Bootstrapper, this will break 2nd init and softbrick your phone!

Make sure you install the correct usb drivers when you sbf. On win7, you may have to manually find the drivers and install them mid-sbf process(a pain, but it must be done sometimes). Make sure you're using the right SBF as well, some people used the Droid 2 2.3.20 sbf by accident. D2G only takes the 2.4.29 or 2.4.330 sbf. If you're on linux, there's a couple guides around here with how to sbf using linux. Very simple if you're versed in using the Gnome Terminal.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakushiki View Post
    1. Don't use RomManager to download cm for a Droid 2 Global(go to rev's site or check rootzwiki). You'll be getting a Droid 2 version from rom manager, which will BRICK your phone, making you have to sbf.
    2. You do NOT need to flash clockwork again on CM4D2G. It is built in, hold power, click reboot, select recovery. Don't use DX/D2 Bootstrapper, this will break 2nd init and softbrick your phone!

Make sure you install the correct usb drivers when you sbf. On win7, you may have to manually find the drivers and install them mid-sbf process(a pain, but it must be done sometimes). Make sure you're using the right SBF as well, some people used the Droid 2 2.3.20 sbf by accident. D2G only takes the 2.4.29 or 2.4.330 sbf. If you're on linux, there's a couple guides around here with how to sbf using linux. Very simple if you're versed in using the Gnome Terminal.
    Whatever you do...Don't panic..^ as this previous post states go to youtube or differnt forums..Look for rsdlite,if your version isn't working try older or newer version, make sure you get the correct sbf file, extract the file before putting it into the rsdlite program..your computer will or should dl the drivers.. usually that's the hardest part..lol Anyway, I found a video works great on youtube..just look for sbf droid 2 g..or just d2 if its all you can find, just use the proper global sbf as stated in the prior post.. be calm brother it will work..I freaked out a year ago, trying to get it working prior to flashing, just in case..lol..Anyway, unlockr is a good site as well as this forum..please post status so you can be helped till you make it:-) ....Droid2drummer!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    alright ill try that but can anyone tell what error 1337 510b means its quite irritating
    edit: also can i use an update.zip file to fix it because i can't find one that works
    Last edited by bubba313; 08-17-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Links