Since I bought my phone on Friday, I have unable to send text messages to my boyfriend. I keep getting messages back claiming that there was no area code included in the number, even though there is. I have never had an issue with this until I got my Motorola Droid. I am a former AllTel customer and I don't know if the issue is with the phone or the service.
Here are the details:
- he has the HTC G1
- he can text and call me and I can call him
- I can text friends who have the same provider as him (t-mobile)
- I have tried texting his number various ways
- 1-555-555-5555 format and 555-555-5555 formats
- I have deleted him and added him as a contact
- I have tried sending texts with and without him as a contact
- I have turned the phone on and off and tried removing the battery
- his number is the only one I've had this issue with so far.
I called verizon support and they're going to investigate, but I'm not too confident that they'll be able to fix the issue quickly, if at all.
Has anyone else had this issue?
I have tried other messaging apps which seem to work, but are inconvenient.