DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Droid X Melted

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kabijo View Post
    The phone has the standard black casing - I'm not sure what material it is but now it's just peeling off. And yes I have insurance but don't want a refurbished phone, especially since I have to pay the deductible!
    If you don't want a refurbished phone and you have insurance but don't want to use it, then why even have it?
    Exactly. This is why you pay a premium for insurance. Assuming you're on a 2-year contract and you got your DX on day one, you still have several months with this phone...

So as I see it, your options are: pay a monthly fee for a melted black paperweight... OR pay a monthly fee + resonable deductible for a functioning phone.

Is this really a question? Even if you found the cheapest DX on Ebay or Craigslist, you're still looking at paying at least $200 for a USED phone.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    There is a school of thought that suggests that you should only buy insurance on things that you really cannot afford (financially) to replace. For me, that's like a car or a house. I can afford to replace something under $1K, so I didn't buy phone insurance.

Insurance is like $120 per year on this phone, right?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey2 View Post
    There is a school of thought that suggests that you should only buy insurance on things that you really cannot afford (financially) to replace. For me, that's like a car or a house. I can afford to replace something under $1K, so I didn't buy phone insurance.

Insurance is like $120 per year on this phone, right?

Yea its 110 or 120then 100 deductible.... I buy insurance on something I expect to break and I drop my phones all the time or I'm driving and put them on my lap then forget there there and jump out my truck all the Time that's y I have it lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    There's also a school of thought that whenever you have ongoing payments on an item, that you protect it (also like a car or house). Some people drop full coverage once a car is no longer tied to a loan, and many people drop insurance coverage once they have reached their upgrade date. In this day and age, not everyone can afford to immediately replace a $600-700 phone at a moment's notice. Especially young people who may be living from paycheck to paycheck.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    I've had phones for over a decade, and insurance would have cost me over $2K (2 phones in the household) over the years. That money invested properly over the years can be significant. Insurance companies know that, and they are good at investing their (your?) money
    I have never lost or damaged a phone.
    Just my $0.02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links