DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baought a Thunderbolt on Friday. Was it a mistake???

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    I do not tweet or chirp.
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Baought a Thunderbolt on Friday. Was it a mistake???

I just picked up an HTC Thunderbolt on Friday for a trip out of town. I've spent most of my time since researching apps that make attempts at various workarounds for bluetooth issues, voice dialer issues, power issues, volume button issues, Skype video issues, network switching issues,..

... the list seems endless.

I won't even elaborate beyond mention of the promised Gingerbread OS that has failed to appear.

I have barely had the phone 48 hours.

The voice dialing without number confirmation is ludicrous and the voice recognition software is an embarrassment. My not-so-smart-phone that I "upgraded" from did a better job. I'm forced to conclude that the citizens of Google’s smartphone empire have been duped. The Emperor has no clothes. To add insult to injury the Emperor is also morbidly obese, mentally handicapped, and emits the foul overpowering reek of the chronically unwashed.

I find it hard to believe that "Gingerbread" can address the myriad issues plaguing Google Android. The fact is that we, all of us, keep buying these overpriced toys that are perpetually in beta. Cell communication is a mature technology that has proven itself worthy of widespread adoption by people serious about the ability to communicate while in transit. Smartphones in their current incarnation are a fad to be taken as seriously as the any other fad from adolescence. Problem is many of us are supposed to be fully grown adults.

I don't want to make another trip to the Verizon store next week but it seems inevitable.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    sorry your disappointed but maybe you should have done some more research and put more thought into your purchase, I would suggest doing more research before you get rid of it too. it looks like it has a lot of dev support and they seem to be better at the software end of things then a lot of the device manufacturers so you could have a better experience. but your gonna have to read a lot and invest time into it. android in general can be very buggy and sensitive to uninformed user input. trust me, i learn everything the hard way lol
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    maybe android is not for you.

not likely that that majority of the smart phone market has all been simultaneously duped.

technology btw is not a fad its the way of life. its how we communicate and how business is done.

good luck in your endeavors.

-a Voodoo Charged post-
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, iPhone 4
    Although there are problems at times. Your one smartphone does not represent all. My Thunderbolt has more pros then cons.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    I have no idea what you are talking about, I have had my TBolt since the morning it was released, my third smartphone and second android and I love it!!! I agree, you need to do your research before you buy ... the phone and the apps.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I believe u have a dud in ur hands and like mentioned above ur phone does not represent all Androids I've had mine for 2 months now and no complaints, love it remember u do have 14 days to return it. Good luck

0v3rcl0ck3D/ThUnd3rb0lt3d
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROID2
    I know what you mean the first two days I had with my phone I was so close of slamming it in the ground and throw it out into the freeway it was the worst phone ever, but once I got rooted installed a rom over clocked man this thing rocks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Android is still very much in development. I believe Android may not be for you. I've had a TB since it came out and absolutely love it. I got a Moto Droid in November 2009 when it first came out. I look back and see all the development that has taken place since it was first released. You'd have definitely not been able to wait if you were an early adopter. My guess is if you want a smartphone, you might want to look into a Blackberry. You have 14 days to decide to keep your TB or not.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    I do not tweet or chirp.
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

I'm spoiled.

I'm pretty tech savvy and have been since the Commodore 68/124 and the very beginning of MIDI with “Passport MIDI/8” through Cubase and Windows 3.0 to the very beginning of digital audio recording and non-linear editing from SAW back in the day to Nuendo and Pro-Tools today. I remember when using Windows required genuine knowledge of DOS. I was a Mac user when the bomb icon was a regular a part of life with Apple. My job runs at an average of $10,000 per second and requires an intimate relationship with technology, technology that must function properly. I guess I’m spoiled.
  11. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Well given your credentials you should alreay have realized that a few tweaks can mean a world of differences when it comes to hardware, software, & firmware.... so just take your time and I'm sure you'll find every solution to each of your issues...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links