DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Droid Features to Improve

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    One thing to remember about these batteries is that they LOVE to be topped off. Full discharge hurts them, frequent charging is better. So if you have a dock, plop it in when you're around it.
  2. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    - Lack of group name and password for VPN support
    - Lack of adding in Corporate Contacts to emails (they have to be a contact on your phone, but there's no way to import them?)

Also - in regards to the user who wants a password to unlock due to corporate policy...

If you notice the layout of the dots, there are 9 of them (1-9 on a number pad) (1 less possible number sequence than 0-9). So let's assume a password length of 10.

With a password, you have 10 positions, each one having the potential to be any number from 0-9, meaning 10 numbers, 10 slots, that's a maximum potential combination of 10^10, or 100000000000 combinations.

With the drawing, you have 10 positions. The first one can be any position 1-9, meaning 9 spots to start from. After that, you only have 8 choices (you can't go to the dot you are one because it requires no movement). So your result is 9 * 8^9, or 1207959552 potential combinations.

The password is roughly 8.2784x stronger than the drawing. However, taking into account human simplicity, most people will choose a number that is relative to something in their life (re: birthdays, SS#, etc.), and I'm pretty sure passwords on cell phones are limited in length and simple because they are impossible to type.

This assumes only numbers in the password - the password only becomes stronger if you include letters (camel case) and symbols.

Just something to think about, but the end result is the same: the drawing isn't a simple thing to crack, and is most likely as secure as any simple password someone would use on a mobile device that's frustrating to type every time the thing locks itself.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I would really like an easy intuitive way to see all apps open and cycle through them or close them if I am done. I have the advanced app killer but it could be so much better. There may already be an app for this, if there is let me know please!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Cannot filter contacts by category/group

Cannot access contacts alphabetically via letter filter or jump (unless you open the physical kb) No rolodex slide for real ?

Email checking doesnt work properly, fails to check email and or notify.

Button backlights are annoying, they have no brightness control or auto adjustments, they blind you at night if your watching video for example.

Screen sensitivity is not normalized across all apps. OSK is way too sensitive, dialer not as much. UI, I press things they turn orange and sometimes even haptic feedback but never perform their operation, something is majorly wrong with button debouncing.

The phone has all kind of sensors, so then if im holding the phone why is it sleeping when I read a web page? Giving skreeble a try soon to see if I can fix this.

Home buttons are way to sensitive, I press them all the time simply putting my phone down, especially the damn search one.

Camera autofocus, dont even get me started.

I dont see a way to change the phone lock timeout or change it to manual, I hate having to always unlock my phone when its sitting on my desk. Prefer it be binded to the sleep power button for manual locking.

Market still sucks, cant filter searches by costs, dates, vendor. There ARE some special google search params built in, I just cant figure them out.

Home portrait mode wastes icon space by keeping the layout the same for landscape, this is great for consistancy of where your icons are (4x4), but Id rather have more icons and be able to reorganize each mode individually. (6x4)(4x6) maybe
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir View Post
    - Lack of adding in Corporate Contacts to emails (they have to be a contact on your phone, but there's no way to import them?)
    Actually, there is a Corporate Directory app, provided by Motorola to fill in for the problem. While it is a bit annoying that you will need to look up people you want, it does have the option of adding them to your contacts without having to manually enter them in.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    612-889-6765

Does everyone's screen undulate while working on apps?
    My speaker is so low that I cannot put the phone down to make notes, is there a fix?
    Font sizing is important.
    My key board seems to not have a standard for illuminating, on during day, no light during dark periods--if I could find the sensor, I could cover it.
  7. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by keiichi25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sir View Post
    Actually, there is a Corporate Directory app, provided by Motorola to fill in for the problem. While it is a bit annoying that you will need to look up people you want, it does have the option of adding them to your contacts without having to manually enter them in.
    I have the app, but it doesn't solve my problem...

If I'm in my corporate email and I attempt to write an email, it won't automatically search my corporate contacts for a match. The only solution is to use the corporate contacts app to add everyone in the company manually (50 people...), and I don't contact 90% of them outside of work using anything other than email. And I don't think there's an easy way for you to remove them from your contacts in one shot if you wanted to get them out.
  8. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just figured out how to get Corporate Contacts to sync.

It's super dirty - but I just added the people from the GAL that I wanted into my personal contacts in Outlook and they synced over.

Something I'm sort of annoyed about...when you write an email it attempts to use any and every friend you have on Facebook, even if you tell it to only sync the people in your contact list.

Guess I'll have to go through Facebook and start mowing the weeds!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    ibewhoiam .... as another exchange "power user" I agree with each of your recommended changes. When it comes to email, I am missing my Winmoble 6.0 device for the way it mirrors the way I use outlook on my desktop.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2 View Post
    As far as Exchange goes - GAL support! I can't believe when composing an email you can't search your corporate address book.
    Another feature needed if this is going to be accepted by the corporate community. Good catch!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links