DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem: Sync'ing with Non-Gmail Email accounts

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had the same issue and pulling the battery and restarting worked for me.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2.0
    I have the same problem. Email comes in intermittently. I'm good for awhile, then I go hours or a whole day yesterday without any email coming in. Email settings are right, but something is hanging up the process. I've been on with any number of Verizon and Motorola reps, but nobody has been able to address a solution. I don't want toconstantly reboot to get relief for a little while. I want and need reliable email. This is a major glitch. Really unacceptable. Verizon/Motorola need to hear from us so that they get a fix going immediately.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC myTouch 4G
    I use hotmail as well and for the most part, getting my emails is sufficient. But yes...with all the black friday and spam ad's coming across right now...my droid takes a while (maybe a couple minutes) to get each one of those emails.

But what bugs me the most is when old emails find their way onto my droid and I get a notification that I have new mail. I can only guess that X amount of emails are allowed on the droid and if I delete emails from hotmail via my pc...then droid finds older emails to fill the void. Not sure, that's just my guess. But it's annoying to get notifications for emails way old.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i have the same problem with my hotmail accounts. email refreshes infrequently if at all. i have tried forcing the refresh and the refresh circle would spin indefinitely on top right hand corner.

unfortunately, been using the browser to check my hotmail accounts. at least that works.

5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Problem Synching Email

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my Hotmail accounts. Seriously?! Hope this gets attention and gets fixed quickly. Disappointing.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

email problems are real..

This a frequent problem across all the boards. I have a Comcast email account as well as one at work. The work one is not "exchange". The Comcast is set up as a POP and the Work is IMAP.

The work email started failing (error message) and moved it over to POP account from IMAP. I was frequently getting the spinning connection and was frequently having to re-boot the phone. Also, I get old emails occasionally and if I delete current ones they come back. I have since switched back to IMAP but limited it to my "in-box" only thinking the shear volume of the other accounts was some how bogging it down.

I have seen a lot of back and forth between technical folks trying to solve this problem and they seem to act like there is a workable solution if the user could only just explain to them what they are doing. In my opinion this is not necessarily a user problem and its android software related. That is not to say that the Droid is not always working right, it just appears that it can't handle all protocols the same. For example, gmail seems to work flawless.

Certain attachments appear to throw the email into fits as well. Again, phantom notifications are happening. I have tried every conceivable set-up (there are only so many settings options for email) and I still experience issues.

I do think that Verizon is aware of the issues (surely they must be and I think they are getting a lot of returned phones from frustrated folks). I am confident they are working with Motorola and presumably Android developers to come up with a fix. This product was clearly pushed out a little fast - but that is the world we live in now with technology related gadgets. I have two days to decide if I want to give up and return the phone or hope for a work around. Being a long time Verizon customer I was as a lot of customers glad to have a real choice besides the boring Blackberry and I never really bought into the whole Iphone thing. Its coming from the Blackberry that has fantastic email capability to something that is not so smooth and marginal at best that is causing me some grief.

If I do give it up, I will be watching the evolution and will buy it back or its successor in a heart beat once I can rely on email - not asking for perfection but come on...
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have the same problem with my Comcast email account and I HOPE that Motorola can get this fixed.

My email works, then it shows the little spinning thing saying it's loading messages. I finally deleted all my messages from the Comcast server, yet this continues and I can not receive new messages until I turn the phone off and turn it back on again.

This only lasts a couple of hours though before the little thing in the right hand corner is spinning again telling me it's loading messages. Sometimes it loads duplicates and triplicates of emails I have already deleted. HELP! I am tired of turning my phone on and off to get email.

PLEASE MOTOROLA - GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED WITH COMCAST EMAIL.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I have the same problem with my Comcast email account and I HOPE that Motorola can get this fixed.

My email works, then it shows the little spinning thing saying it's loading messages. I finally deleted all my messages from the Comcast server, yet this continues and I can not receive new messages until I turn the phone off and turn it back on again.

This only lasts a couple of hours though before the little thing in the right hand corner is spinning again telling me it's loading messages. Sometimes it loads duplicates and triplicates of emails I have already deleted. HELP! I am tired of turning my phone on and off to get email.

PLEASE MOTOROLA - GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED WITH COMCAST EMAIL.
    Same problem(s)!!

I have to do a physical shutdown to get Comcast e-mails.

Perhaps Comcast can suggest other settings other than 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing? What about SSL? On or off?

I delete my mac mail on the Droid and they reload again (aargh).

These are definitely quirks that are unacceptable. iPhone never did this and neither did BBerry.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Called Comcast---definitely a junior tech rep.

Had no idea what SSL stands for.

She said to use 110 incoming and 587 outgoing. Didn't help.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So how do we get the Motorola folks to read this thread and fix this email problem? How can they possibly sell a high end phone when the only email that works is Gmail? My phone right now is doing it's usual - saying it's loading messages while the little twirly thing in the corner is going in circles. Time for me to pull the battery or turn the phone off again. RIDICULOUS & ANNOYING! Maybe I should have bought an iPhone...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links