Almost gonna scream
I like the apps this phone is much snappier than my "other" dumb phone,this phone is more like "the Droid that doesn't" more than anything else. arrrgggg had a T-shirt made and wore that into the store went over well lol. Still within my 30 days, it is going bye bye if I can't figure this out. #1 I hate G-Mail. I have my own server works great, pushs to my hotmail works great.
How the heck do you multi select the 456,7890.000333 junk mails that come into your phone at once from G-mail(no I am not going to stop work every two hours to check gmail and see if I missed something, I have 6 email accounts all non google or gmail) and just delete them at once? or for that matter mass deletion of anything at once? Yes, I have the 188.8.131.529.456 update. Who in the heck would ever sell a phone at this stage that doesn't voice dial via blutooth? or tether? the droid does what?
Then also how the heck do you get rid of that damnned annoying text threading? I don't want to read the ex wifes rants and raves 20 times over to get to where there might be an actual problem with the kids?
I am seriously considering reactivating my StarTreK NEXT GENERATION i760. You can't even get a functional dock for this dang phone.
Alll that sniveling: the phone is fast, great pixs, good keyboard, (finally got rid of the damn clicking), GPS is useless, got it to tether don't ask, good movie playback, seem rugged has hung good on the construction site. Anybody know how to fix my snivels? You would be my hero....oh why did I get the phone? My other semi dumb phone got a cracked screen, $50.00 for replacement, contract was due, a few well placed you know whats, reabte came out 49.95 for this puppy. Period. Thanx all hope to hear from somebody. I have 5 lines pay $400.00 plus per month and shouldn't have to have a headache, I have peopel for those.
Remember G-Mail and Google Mail are the #2 services for scamers! (you won 9000000 milliom from your dead uncle)
Update your PRL (worked for me) to get the GPS working again.
i'd love to help you, but you need to clean up your text a bit. i'm having a real hard time following what it is you actually want fixed.
Originally Posted by bonephone10
If this isn't a troll, maybe you should take the phone back and get one that works for you. It doesn't sound like you have the patience or time for a first gen phone.
It is crazy that a phone this advanced cannot voice dial via bluetooth and should be fixed in the next update!!!!! As far as the GPS just dial *228 option #2 and it should fix your problems. Have had no GPS issues since I followed this process!!!! Good luck bonephone
sorry about the text. Just got out of the hospital and got some good meds. Please do try to read through the lines.
1) the damn SMS threading
2) the gotta slide and hit a button read anything
3) voice anything is worthless on this unit IE blutooth in mobile etc
4) mass delete emails without one click at a time
5) already have g-mail going to junk file, dont want it on this phone
As to the "first gen phones", I was dun on the razor one week after it the market, this phone I have workiing dialing up either via blutooth/3g/or modem already if I am in the boonies. I can dial into my very expensive security system and see clearly 10 cams at a time, is https, I can RD into 9 of my computers. I broke my other teeth on the I760 (saamsuuunnngggg), actually had words with corperate out of Colo, I can already edit email and approve excell spread sheeets on this...but can't get these top probelms fixed. Thanx for the reply.
OH gps is usuless on this if your doing 65, I will stick with my 20.00 dash mount LOL I can at least see that screen while driving.
Sounds like too many meds....
Originally Posted by Backnblack
I had some idiot at work, hit the power on a box 480 volts going through it when I was landing the main hots. 200 amp put me in the hospital and almost killed me, yeah lots of meds, still one week out and got my head up arse, shake so bad my ole lady has to help feed me. This keyboard is the only thing keeping me sane.
1. SMS threading is the future. New messages always appear at the bottom. No scrolling should be involved. Try Handcent to customize how messages appear.
Originally Posted by bonephone10
2. I don't understand "gotta slide and hit a button read anything". Are you talking about the lock screen?
3. Google is working to resolve BT issues. For now, the mic works while on a BT call.
4. In the GMAIL app, you can select multiple emails and delete them or mark them as read. In the default email app, you cannot. If you are receiving such a large amount of junk in your inbox (any inbox), you should try creating a new account. Also check to make sure you spam filters are enabled in GMAIL.COM. All of your account settings are managed there.
5. It's a Google phone. Just like Blackberry forces you to have a BB account, you have to have a Google account. Try a different account (a new one) or use a different phone. The Google Cloud is what makes this phone.
6. You shouldn't be watching the screen when using GPS. I've used it doing highway speeds with excellent results. You should be listening to the voice prompt and not watch the directions on the map.
Did you have the phone on you? Maybe the 200 volts damaged it.
Okay, I shouldn't kid about something life threatening, but you are okay now so we can laugh about it now.
I think maybe you should take the phone back and get something else. If you are this upset about a few small things then you may never be happy with this phone.
Or you could get an iPhone and be tied to even worse apps (iTunes).