sorry about the text. Just got out of the hospital and got some good meds. Please do try to read through the lines.
1) the damn SMS threading
2) the gotta slide and hit a button read anything
3) voice anything is worthless on this unit IE blutooth in mobile etc
4) mass delete emails without one click at a time
5) already have g-mail going to junk file, dont want it on this phone
As to the "first gen phones", I was dun on the razor one week after it the market, this phone I have workiing dialing up either via blutooth/3g/or modem already if I am in the boonies. I can dial into my very expensive security system and see clearly 10 cams at a time, is https, I can RD into 9 of my computers. I broke my other teeth on the I760 (saamsuuunnngggg), actually had words with corperate out of Colo, I can already edit email and approve excell spread sheeets on this...but can't get these top probelms fixed. Thanx for the reply.
OH gps is usuless on this if your doing 65, I will stick with my 20.00 dash mount LOL I can at least see that screen while driving.
1. SMS threading is the future. New messages always appear at the bottom. No scrolling should be involved. Try Handcent to customize how messages appear.
2. I don't understand "gotta slide and hit a button read anything". Are you talking about the lock screen?
3. Google is working to resolve BT issues. For now, the mic works while on a BT call.
4. In the GMAIL app, you can select multiple emails and delete them or mark them as read. In the default email app, you cannot. If you are receiving such a large amount of junk in your inbox (any inbox), you should try creating a new account. Also check to make sure you spam filters are enabled in GMAIL.COM. All of your account settings are managed there.
5. It's a Google phone. Just like Blackberry forces you to have a BB account, you have to have a Google account. Try a different account (a new one) or use a different phone. The Google Cloud is what makes this phone.
6. You shouldn't be watching the screen when using GPS. I've used it doing highway speeds with excellent results. You should be listening to the voice prompt and not watch the directions on the map.
ok thats the thing, hit the almost hard to find button top, lights the screen, then slide the little green lock over, walla instant desktop, then push the buttons, (whatever one). I was able to deactivate sms threading on everyphone I have ever had except this one....hmmf what that cute widget that allows you ne button unlock and turn on? As to keep this thing I am Irish. Do I need to say more? this is the first phone I have had that can damn near blow ya, do an office document, surf and play music without you having to take the battery out. Just would like the snivels rked around!