I updated my girlfriends X tonight after realizing that it was still running froyo. It ran into the same issue as the rest of you. I ended up wiping the dalvik cache and it started running normal after about 5 minutes.
Phone: Moto Droid 1
Build: MIUI 108050
Kernel: MIUI Stock 800 mhz-125 mhz
Theme: What's Up theme
I had a lot of problems and they had me factory reset and many went away including the date I forgot to back up but that was my fault and not a biggie.. Watch out for apps like notepad etc where you don't have date syncing to the inet... anyway, I still have some problems but not as many. I still have and issue with
Things the factory reset DID NOT fix ==>
1. icons disappearing when I plug the phone into my laptop. I tracked this to programs installed on the SD. The computer takes hold of the SD but somehow removes the icons which do not come back automatically.
2. Phone is less stable. reception goes up and down
3. Call disconnect never used to occur for me
4. Still some email syncing errors
5. Social networking. Does not accept FB password and I cannot remove account. I get an error.
6. Maybe it is me but try to place a new icon in an empty bottom left slot on one of the screens. It is a real challenge. I think the calibration is off a little.
7. Test msgs have haptic vibe and a click sound now and I cannot turn it off. My haptic setting and audible sounds are both already off.
Things fixes with factory reset==>
1. the docking station was not working properly but the factory reset fixed that. Alarm and weather screwed up
2. msgs failing to send sometimes. never happened even once before
3. email syncing errors. rarely happened before
4. Display shutting off right after I unlocked and thus rendering the phone useless.