DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Gingerbread Update Problems

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Good for you BigBossRob3. I could not even get into any of the apps to be able to change anything around.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks doddpower. I called Verizon and they walked me through the factory reset and all seems to be working now. Unfortunately now it's a matter of downloading all the apps I've lost. I was doing so good on all 3 Angry Birds games too, LOL!!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I took the SD card out, copies my photos to my computer and formatted the SD card. now seems to work fine.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

i now own a BRICK

How do I reload apps without paying for them again if I do factory reset?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by billyrae View Post
    I did the factory Gingerbread update this weekend and I lost my phone contacts. For some reason I lost a dozen or so contacts that I had linked with facebook contacts. Before the update I could view facebook contacts and phone contacts seperately. With the new update is there still a way to seperate contacts? The contacts that are gone were also removed from my backup assistant. Also, is there any suggestions on how to retrieve the lost contacts back?
    Sad to hear that, but glad to find I was not the only one. They looked at me like I had three heads when I went into the store.
    The part that bugs me is they appear to be lost from the backup assistant? Isn't this the reason I have a backup?

CAn anybody help us?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by tjplace View Post
    How do I reload apps without paying for them again if I do factory reset?
    As long as you link your original gmail account you used to purchase your apps with initially they will be sitting right there in the market for you when you return. ;-) Under "downloads" in the market.

Sent from my DROIDX running 2.3.3
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by doddpower View Post
    I just factory reset my phone through the power+home button menu and now my phone works fine. Actually, it somehow loaded the Gingerbread update 2.3.3 somehow. I have no idea how that happened as it definitely wasn't what came with the phone. So to anyone having this same issue, try factory resetting the phone and clearing the cache. You just may have the same, although strange, luck I did.

Anyone know how it reverted to the updated software upon a factory reset?

A factory reset wipes the data without changing the current OS. GB 2.3 is your current OS, therefore that is why it stayed on GB.

An SBF requires you to hook your phone up to a computer and install ("Flash") a stock file. This returns your phone to the original OS, which in our case would be Froyo 2.2.

If you continue to have issues with GB, you might want to go back to Froyo until the kinks get worked out.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    I already posted this but if I were you guys I would SBF and then take the OTA again. That is the only way I have been able to get GB to work correctly on DX's.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by droidjimdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billyrae View Post
    I did the factory Gingerbread update this weekend and I lost my phone contacts. For some reason I lost a dozen or so contacts that I had linked with facebook contacts. Before the update I could view facebook contacts and phone contacts seperately. With the new update is there still a way to seperate contacts? The contacts that are gone were also removed from my backup assistant. Also, is there any suggestions on how to retrieve the lost contacts back?
    Sad to hear that, but glad to find I was not the only one. They looked at me like I had three heads when I went into the store.
    The part that bugs me is they appear to be lost from the backup assistant? Isn't this the reason I have a backup?

CAn anybody help us?

Hey everyone, i know this topic has probably been touched upon, but i've been going through numerous threads and haven't exactly come across an answer. Hopefully someone can help shed some light on this situation.

So, after i dl'd Gingerbread OTA, my phone sh!t the bed. They had to overnight me a new one and everything. I set up all my accounts (FB, Twitter, etc.) and noticed that only about 70% of my contacts' photos loaded. I figured maybe because i had so many, it was taking longer than usual, but its the next day and still, there hasnt been any changes. I also dl'd the FB app, and there's no option to sync contacts now? Also, under My Accounts, there's no option to sync FB photo's to your contacts as there was before?

So, question is how come only some of my photos won't load to my contacts? I've even gone into certain contacts and it shows their FB link, but no photo for some reason? If there is a way to fix this, i'd appreciate the help.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BrianTWolf
    Phone
    SG Note II

Angry Me too!

I have only had my DX for about 3 weeks. I got the update this morning and experienced the same problem. I tried to factory reset but when I get to the Droid screen with the exclamation point, nothing else happens. I called VZW and they are sending a replacement. Very sad...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links