DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid X Power Cycling & Screen Issues

1. kathyt

Droid X Power Cycling & Screen Issues

I am up to my 3rd droid X since March. I bought one from Amazon Wireless in March and a week after the 30 day return period the backlight stopped working. I called Verizon and they sent me a refurbished droid. Once I got it, it basically started power cycling. I don't have many apps on my phone other then task killer, facebook, yahoo mail, amazon app store, angry birds (with apps I got in the droid market) and angry birds rio which i got free through amazon apps. Plus the phone was running really hot as i was installing apps. I had tried a few factory resets and it only made things worse.

I called Verizon and they just sent me another refurbished Droid X. I installed facebook, yahoo mail and amazon app store. After reading posts on this forum, I read that task killer could be the problem so I haven't installed that at all.

The phone is still power cycling randomly. I read somewhere that if you don't use motorola chargers that may cause power cycling. I have been using a combo of the charger that came in the original box and my old lg dare cord (which fits). Could that be my reason it's power cycling? I really am getting tired of this phone.

Last night I tried to program the alarm clock. i open the app drawer, touch the app and when i try to modify the alarm, the screen goes back to my home screen. Today I was trying to access an email on yahoo mail and when I would touch the email again the email acts like it's going to open but then goes back to the main screen for the inbox.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    sorry to hear the issue. oh btw welcome to the forum. I have both the D2G and DX. I know where ur going with this because my X had similar issues and immediately I returned it to VZW. on my 3rd X I specifically told my personal rep not order a refurbish if not give something very compatible. thats the problems with refurbished phones, its really never" out of the box". anyway my final X was trouble free.
    as far as cord, I use the charger on my Global and the X and no issues. some say they have problems but im ok. I can see if its cheap chargers like those from radio shack then I say ya don't use it. try using the one that only came with the X. as far as over heating, most likely the apps are not shutting properly. u may also wanna clear cache. the final option, root. I say final option because root may/may not solve all issues.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G
  4. kathyt
    My first droid had no issues with the lg charger so I don't really think it's the charger. I am not savvy enough to try to root the phone (just saw what that was in another forum post on here). I would definitely turn it into a brick. I think I am just going call the customer service rep I have been dealing with and tell her that I want something comparable. I had already voiced to her I would try it and if not I wanted something else.
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    I would def take it back and get something u can really work with. IMO u really don't have to be tech saavy to customize ur phone. There many other ways to customize ur phone w/o rooth method. Well I hope u find something comparable for ur needs.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

Links