DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Hi I need help from the pros on this one?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Unhappy Hi I need help from the pros on this one?

I cannot send email with attachments (havent tried without attachments). on my yahoo account with the standard email app. Dont know what to do?? When I first set up the email account I followed the video on this forum to do it and I chose the imap option?? What is the difference between imap pop3 and the other one? Sorry if this is confusing, please help a newbie out

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I thought DROID does not allow upload? That could be why it is not working.

IMAP keeps the list of messages on server and sync it across different locations that access it.

Pop3 just keeps a list of messages and does not do any syncing.

IMAP is better if you access the same account across different computers/locations, but POP3 gives you sightly more control after it is downloaded (since there is no syncing, you can keep it anywhere you want, even if differently across different locations).
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    I'm able to send photo attachments (that's all I've tried so far) vie my gmail account with the Gmail app. I don't have any other email accounts though, so I don't know about using the other email app.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    thank u I gave up on the stock app and am gonna try using the k9 email apparently. Is there a way to send attachments with that apparently?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sending attachments with the stock email apps is counterintuitive. We've been trained on our computers to compose an email, select an attachment and send. On the Droid you select your attachment with your file manager (I use Astro), long press, choose how to send it (depending on the attachment, you'll get different send options), then send. I've sent documents (.doc, .pdf...), photos, music and video with no problems.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddegreene View Post
    Sending attachments with the stock email apps is counterintuitive. We've been trained on our computers to compose an email, select an attachment and send. On the Droid you select your attachment with your file manager (I use Astro), long press, choose how to send it (depending on the attachment, you'll get different send options), then send. I've sent documents (.doc, .pdf...), photos, music and video with no problems.

Agree with todd.....Better to send from the item you want to send, little weird but works every time.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Links