DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Cannot Root

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Angry Cannot Root

I have had the original Droid 1 since July and figured it was time to root since I have been reading and feel comfortable. I want to flash my Rom and maybe overclock...

But anyway. I can't get past the easy part. So I think I am missing something really easy as I go through a ton of root posts.

I have tried Easy Root. I paid and got it from the developer. It sent me a key. I installed it. Hit root me, it says congrats you are rooted. Just reboot and come back to this application to download programs that need root. I reboot, and it starts the root process again. I tried it several times and nothing.
    I found Universal Androot. Loads and installs fine. Hit root, goes through a few things and I get a failed message.

I then tried Z4 root..same thing. Fails while trying to root. Each of these programs did do something because a lot of my apps had to have settings changed back to what I originally had.

Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to install these in safe mode?? None of the documentations for these programs say that. Or am I just missing a simple setting. I do have the development setting checked for USB debugging which they all say to do. Also have non market applications checked. Of course now I am obsessed that I have to root since I'm having so many problems...thanks again in advance and sorry if this is something I should have picked up by searching but have been through this site and a few others...just frustrated...
    I have a Droid Razr. My opinions are only that. I only post if I have a question and my replies are based on things I have read and learned here from the pros.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    If I'm not mistaken those methods no longer work on the droid 1. Look for "root your droid 1 regardless of os", I think that is the preferred method.

tappin and a talkin
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    First link in my signature.

Or Superoneclick.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    Premium Member
    I also love that these devs have no problem keeping your money even tho they know it doesn't work on your phone. Ugh.

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    I also love that these devs have no problem keeping your money even tho they know it doesn't work on your phone. Ugh.

I know...They do like the money....I forgot to mention I tried superonestep also and that did not work. I'm trying to understand this really long manual method in your signature...wow...that's why I was hoping there was still a one or two step process that would work..I'm already confused at the winrar unzip program. It wants to download to my phone. So I'm confused about whether I am supposed to unzip these files on my phone or PC? Thanks for your help!!
    I have a Droid Razr. My opinions are only that. I only post if I have a question and my replies are based on things I have read and learned here from the pros.
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    Premium Member
    If you've never installed something on your computer and don't know what a zip file is, you are in for a treat.

You need to install winzip, extract motocache complete root zip file.

Took me a month to get enough stomach to go through with it.

Fortunately I am now very experienced with it. You just have to read over and over.

7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Yes, as stated above read: Root D1 Regardless of OS Version at least 10 times. Read through each step carefully and really try to understand what the process is trying to accomplish. I followed this guide to a T and it went perfectly. As stated in the guide, pay attention to "catching the boot" as this is probably the most difficult part of the whole process. Once rooted, you'll be a happy camper. Custom roms and overclock kernels have saved my sanity while I wait for my upgrade!

Links