DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: wireless tethering on droid pro

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro

Question wireless tethering on droid pro

I am a newbie when it comes to all this but I manged to root my phone and downloaded a wireless tethering app. I have wireless tethering and barnacle, actually. I started with just the wireless tethering one but then someone started stealing my connection (about 4 different people are now!) The access control option on my phone is disabled and when I put a password on it, my computer won't connect to it. It's frustrating! I can control access on Barnacle but that one kicks me off so much, and it seems like my internet is faster with wireless tethering so I like the other one better.... but at least I can stop people from stealing it! I know for access control something popped up about kernels but honestly have no idea about kernels or ROM's and I am scared to brick my phone.... Can someone point me in the right direction or help me out here??? I'd really appreciate it!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by myaswiller View Post
    I am a newbie when it comes to all this but I manged to root my phone and downloaded a wireless tethering app. I have wireless tethering and barnacle, actually. I started with just the wireless tethering one but then someone started stealing my connection (about 4 different people are now!) The access control option on my phone is disabled and when I put a password on it, my computer won't connect to it. It's frustrating! I can control access on Barnacle but that one kicks me off so much, and it seems like my internet is faster with wireless tethering so I like the other one better.... but at least I can stop people from stealing it! I know for access control something popped up about kernels but honestly have no idea about kernels or ROM's and I am scared to brick my phone.... Can someone point me in the right direction or help me out here??? I'd really appreciate it!
    I can't help you troubleshoot, but I can tell you that you are able to successfully protect a connection from the Pro with the Wireless Tether application.

Links