Thread: HELP! My touchscreen on my D1 has gone BESERK!!!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

HELP! My touchscreen on my D1 has gone BESERK!!!

So my droid is going crazy all of a sudden. I cant even unlock my phone with my "unlock" pattern because without me even touching the screen, its pushing various buttons for really fast and I get prompt to "Try Again in 30 Seconds."

Now when I do get lucky enough to unlock the phone after trying 10x, my touchscreen will freeze for a couple seconds then start opening apps by itself, opening the browser and zooming in and out REALLY fast and doing other random crap without me touching it.

I havent put this phone by water or anything to damage the phone. Always in my leather case and on my desk charging when Im not using it.

I need to know what I can do because since I cant swipe my phone, Im missing important calls since I cant answer them and receiving txt messages but cant reply since my Droid wont allow me to click on the input bar to enter a message. Now I dont want people to feel like im ignoring them.

This phone is a refurbished one. This is my first Verizon contract. I had to exchange my 1st Droid 9 months into my first year because the screen all of a sudden wouldnt power up but I can hear my phone ring and receive txt msgs. I get this refurb and 5 months into having it, this happens.

This is REALLY REALLY frustrating. I dont want to drive to a verizon store to have them say to me "sorry cant do anything about it" since my closest store is 25 minutes away. Should I call Verizon about it first and see what they can do?

Am I able to get another refurbished phone? or am I $#!T outta luck.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rayswift View Post
    So my droid is going crazy all of a sudden. I cant even unlock my phone with my "unlock" pattern because without me even touching the screen, its pushing various buttons for really fast and I get prompt to "Try Again in 30 Seconds."

Now when I do get lucky enough to unlock the phone after trying 10x, my touchscreen will freeze for a couple seconds then start opening apps by itself, opening the browser and zooming in and out REALLY fast and doing other random crap without me touching it.

I havent put this phone by water or anything to damage the phone. Always in my leather case and on my desk charging when Im not using it.

I need to know what I can do because since I cant swipe my phone, Im missing important calls since I cant answer them and receiving txt messages but cant reply since my Droid wont allow me to click on the input bar to enter a message. Now I dont want people to feel like im ignoring them.

This phone is a refurbished one. This is my first Verizon contract. I had to exchange my 1st Droid 9 months into my first year because the screen all of a sudden wouldnt power up but I can hear my phone ring and receive txt msgs. I get this refurb and 5 months into having it, this happens.

This is REALLY REALLY frustrating. I dont want to drive to a verizon store to have them say to me "sorry cant do anything about it" since my closest store is 25 minutes away. Should I call Verizon about it first and see what they can do?

Am I able to get another refurbished phone? or am I $#!T outta luck.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm in the same boat right now. What did you do?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Call Verizon. That shouldn't be happening.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    got any suggestions on why just the right side of my screen wont recognize touch at all? the rest does. and when i open phone to text the phone chooses what i didnt even touch. i am rooted and did try a different rom and it still does it. i did notice it only happening here lately bc its been so hot and it i have it in my pocket for a lil bit at work thats when it goes crazy! i assume its from heat.

Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher

Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60

Links