DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Tips for your Dr0id!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dr0id

10 Tips for your Dr0id!

Here are 10 tips to help you work your new Motorola Droid

1) Hold down the home button and a “quick launch” menu will appear. This will list your most recent 6 apps used so you can find your apps quicker.

2) To mount the USB drive in Windows, pull down the notification menu, choose “USB Storage”, and then choose “Mount”. This allows you to place the SD card in your phone as a drive in your computer, making it easy to transfer files from your PC to your Motorola Droid and vice versa.

3) For GV, ensure that your contacts and pad dialing are set to the format 1(555)555-1234. If you omit the 1 or the area code on local calls, GV won’t work.

4) When using the onscreen touch keypad on your Motorola Droid, hid them by flicking them down from the top and simply tap the field again to get them to return.

5) Be careful when using a pouch holster for your new Motorola Droid. If it contains magnetics, it may turn your Motorola Droid on “car mode.” This will eat up your battery life quicker than you think.

6) To set an mp3 song as your ringtone, upload the song on to your Motorola Droid. While the song is playing choose “menu” then “set as ring tone.” Do this for every song you would like to use as a ringtone. Set different ringtones for your contacts by going in to your address book and selecting a ringtone from the list you created.

7) One of the best Motorola Droid tips includes the copy/paste function. Hold down on any text field, and the “edit text” menu will appear. Select “Copy and Paste” functions as needed.

8) Need a vibrator on your phone? Go to settings-sound display and check the phone vibrate box if your phone is toggling between complete silence and ringing.

9) Like a picture on your web browser? Save it to your Motorola Droid! Tap and hold the picture, and then select “save”

10) If you like a certain Web site, you can add a shortcut to that Web site to your Motorola Droid’s home screen. Bookmark the site, tap anywhere on the home screen and hold down. The menu that will guide you to adding a shortcut will pop up.

(Thank you MegC!)
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the tips! Regarding tip #4, this does not work for me. Anyone else have this issue?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    nice tips, thanks

#4 works for me
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Tip #2 doesn't work for me. When I pull down the notifications bar I don't see a USB storage option.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Tip #2 doesn't work for me. When I pull down the notifications bar I don't see a USB storage option.
    do you have it connected to a PC?
    you will only get that message if you are connected.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Oh sorry I don't have it connected. My bad.
  7. pwo
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Just email me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Regarding tip #4, this does not work for me. Anyone else have this issue?

To get rid of the keyboard just press back once, to make it appear again just tap the txt enrtry field and it will come back....This is really simple.

Hope this helps
    Ask again???
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid baby!
    Nice tips. Thanks
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Droid Droid
    is the cut and paste limited to certain apps? on emails I cannot get the cut and paste to work
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dr0id
    Quote Originally Posted by grim64131 View Post
    is the cut and paste limited to certain apps? on emails I cannot get the cut and paste to work
    It works pasting into emails... As well as copy...

(If you're talking about gmail than no.. You'd need to possibly sign in through your browser to cut and paste gmail iffin you have it set up through your phone)
    Last edited by Getaphixx; 11-09-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links