DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: how to find voicemail password

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

how to find voicemail password

I have the droid as a work phone, and when I got a voicemail, I dial *86, then it asks me for my security code. I was never given a code, so I have no clue what it is. Is there a standard number that it's set at until you reset it? Is there a place on your phone to reset the security code?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Since only I seem to hunt for the hard answers

If I forget my Voice Mail password, how can I get it reset? There are 3 ways you can reset your Voice Mail password: 1. If you are already registered for My Verizon, Sign In and select My Phone. Then select Reset Voice Mail Password to reset your password. 2. If you are a Verizon Wireless customer and have not previously registered in My Verizon, please Register. After you have completed the requested information you will be able to perform your Voice Mail password reset online. 3. From your wireless handset: press *611, then SEND (airtime free) or call (800) 922-0204 (toll free) from any phone to reach the easy-to-use automated customer service menu. Select option 2 to reset your Voice Mail password, and then press 1 when prompted for the password reset menu. You will be asked to enter your 5-digit billing zip code. Follow the prompts for security verification and resetting the password. Prepay customers Voice Mail reset: From your wireless handset: press *611, then SEND (airtime free) to reach one of our service centers, or call (866) 837-3387 from any phone to reach Prepay Customer Service.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dtod7 View Post
    I have the droid as a work phone, and when I got a voicemail, I dial *86, then it asks me for my security code. I was never given a code, so I have no clue what it is. Is there a standard number that it's set at until you reset it? Is there a place on your phone to reset the security code?
    I believe the normal default code is your phone number, including area code. They used to use just the last 4 digits of the number.

Since it is a work phone Verizon may not help you. They may require the request to come from your inhouse phone manager/IT Department. Whoever is authorized on the account.

Links