DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird problem when dialing call

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Weird problem when dialing call

This has happened a couple times and I cant find anyone else posting about this so I will try. Basically the problem I am having is that sometimes when I try to make a call, the call will connect to the person and say connected on the screen but I can't hear anything out of the handset speaker. The weird part is that if I turn the speakerphone on it works perfectly fine. Turn the speaker phone off and once again no sound from the handset speaker. There doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason to it as it will do it whenever it wants. The only solution I have found is turning the phone off and then once it comes back from starting up, I once again get the sound from the handset speaker. It is getting REALLY annoying. This problem never really happened the first month I had the phone so it seems it could be an app or the update perhaps but I have no clue. Anyone have any ideas. I am running 2.01 and my phone is rooted but I havent done anything asides from rooting it.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BigG422 View Post
    This has happened a couple times and I cant find anyone else posting about this so I will try. Basically the problem I am having is that sometimes when I try to make a call, the call will connect to the person and say connected on the screen but I can't hear anything out of the handset speaker. The weird part is that if I turn the speakerphone on it works perfectly fine. Turn the speaker phone off and once again no sound from the handset speaker. There doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason to it as it will do it whenever it wants. The only solution I have found is turning the phone off and then once it comes back from starting up, I once again get the sound from the handset speaker. It is getting REALLY annoying. This problem never really happened the first month I had the phone so it seems it could be an app or the update perhaps but I have no clue. Anyone have any ideas. I am running 2.01 and my phone is rooted but I havent done anything asides from rooting it.
    Any chance that your Bluetooth was enabled?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    bluetooth was not enabled. But I do use my headphones via the 3.5 jack during the day, but they were not plugged in any time any of these things happened.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    the droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BigG422 View Post
    I had this exact problem today, I called verizon and the had me do a factory reset then dial *228 send and option 1. But youhave to make sure you have all your info backed as you will lose it. As soon as I did this my phone is working correctly
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    There are several people having similar problems. There is a thread here somewhere regarding the issue. It has to do with using your 3.5mm jack, and when you unplug your headphones the earpiece doesn't work. I personally haven't had the problem, so I'm not familiar with all of the details, but I'm sure that thread will help you.

edit: here's the link

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...phone-use.html
    Last edited by MNTNBKR; 01-01-2010 at 06:05 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    the droid
    verizon got me fixed up today, had to do a complete clean and reactivate. I haven't used my 3.5 m jack. but atleast they got it working
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I have this same issue. I use an FM transmitter in while using the car dock. I have found that when I unplug from the FM Trans. and then when I RECEIVE a call I can't hear anything except on speaker phone, so the only way I can fix it is to power down the phone and restart.
    I started making an OUTGOING call immediately after I unplug from the FM trans, and ever since I started doing that I haven't had any trouble with not being able to hear.
    So to make a long story short, whenever you unplug your headset, immediately make a call to your voice mail, if for nothing else just make sure your ear piece is working correctly, if it does not work then, power down and restart.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by crspang View Post
    I have this same issue. I use an FM transmitter in while using the car dock. I have found that when I unplug from the FM Trans. and then when I RECEIVE a call I can't hear anything except on speaker phone, so the only way I can fix it is to power down the phone and restart.
    I started making an OUTGOING call immediately after I unplug from the FM trans, and ever since I started doing that I haven't had any trouble with not being able to hear.
    So to make a long story short, whenever you unplug your headset, immediately make a call to your voice mail, if for nothing else just make sure your ear piece is working correctly, if it does not work then, power down and restart.
    I figured today, finally that it is indeed the headphone jack that is causing the problem, but it's a software issue, as you have found. I actually found that a way around restarting your phone is to plug the headset in, call your voicemail hang up and then you should be good. I really hope they get this fixed as it is REALLY annoying. Just out of curiosity do you use pandora?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I don't use Pandora, but I do use Iheart radio.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I was trying to see if I could pinpoint which program was causing the problem but I had the internal music player did it too. Like I said never did it before the update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links