DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ready to return this phone, call quality sucks...

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Im having the same experience with call quality - they could not make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    Thats wierd. after reading here for a couple weeks before i got the droid i was expecting a poor quality on phone calls but figured if i could hear what they were saying and they could hear me that would be cool with all the other features of the phone. But the phone quality on both ends is fantastic i think it sounds better than my home land line phone did. and have none of the lag with anything anyone is talking about. either my expectations are low or i got a super phone . as for internet speed and phone coverage remember i am coming from at&t.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Answers Below..

Quote Originally Posted by YosM45 View Post

-- I returned one phone because of a faint constant clicking that no one in the freakin store could hear but me. I had to fight them to return it. There was also alot of crackle.. The new one has been fantastic. So good and clear that sometimes I ask if the person is still on the phone - yes THAT good. As clear as a landline.
    Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Sounds exactly like my phone. I guess I'll just have to take it back to Verizon.

Is there anything I should be looking for in terms of a manufacturing date, or build number. Some that tells me that this is a newer built phone?

Spoke to Motorola about the email push problem. They said they are aware of it and that typically, deleting the Hotmail account and reinstalling it corrects it. As of right now I'm only a level 1 technical issue, but if the reinstalling doesn't correct the problem, they'll escalate me to a level 2, whatever that means? Good to know I'm not crazy.

Does anyone else have their Hotmail accounts sync'ed?

CORINACAKE, our phones are under warranty for 1 year, even longer if the issues you've experienced have been properly document. In addition, it is Verizon's policy to exchange the phone for a like model if it has been replaced 3 times. So no, I can't get my money back, but Verizon will work to correct the problem if they confirm that there is an issue.

Seriously, isn't this section of the forum here so we can help each other trouble shoot. What's with the asinine responses from you and others.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YosM45 View Post
    CORINACAKE, our phones are under warranty for 1 year, even longer if the issues you've experienced have been properly document. In addition, it is Verizon's policy to exchange the phone for a like model if it has been replaced 3 times. So no, I can't get my money back, but Verizon will work to correct the problem if they confirm that there is an issue.

Seriously, isn't this section of the forum here so we can help each other trouble shoot. What's with the asinine responses from you and others.
    The reason you got attitude is that you displayed it in your opening post. You may not have meant for it to come off that way but it did.

I don't have any problems with my phone, I'm quite pleased with it. Sorry you're having issues. Is this your first smart phone? Because if you think this phone is bad you should try a Blackberry Storm. Then you would understand why we think it's a great phone and can be a bit defensive when someone bad mouths our beloved Droid.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    thanks hook...that's exactly right. happy new year!
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    call quality is a vast improvement of my BB Storm. Droid's call quality is great.... except when laying in bed... and others have posted this issue as well. Odd... but no biggie
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Droid has had AWESOME phone quality with the exception of GV for calling. If I had to swap out phones 4 times for various errors or problems then I would probably figure out the phone was not for me and move on.
    Last edited by calpilot7; 01-01-2010 at 10:08 AM.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    Thats wierd. after reading here for a couple weeks before i got the droid i was expecting a poor quality on phone calls but figured if i could hear what they were saying and they could hear me that would be cool with all the other features of the phone. But the phone quality on both ends is fantastic i think it sounds better than my home land line phone did. and have none of the lag with anything anyone is talking about. either my expectations are low or i got a super phone . as for internet speed and phone coverage remember i am coming from at&t.
    ^^+++
    Same here, switched from AT&T and Verizon's network seems better in just about EVERY measure. And the voice quality on my Droid is near perfect (though if the volume is high it can sound like the other person is in a hallway/box). I'm completely satisfied so far.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I read above that this is a forum to troublshoot, so I want any of the female droid owners having a problem with this phone in bed, im am willing to come troubleshoot that for you
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Take it back, switch to AT&T, pick up the iPhone, and enjoy your call quality!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Call quality on my Droid is by far the best I have ever expereinced. I am coming from an AT&T phone, so, I appreciate the good call quality, as well as the lack of dropped calls as well. My Droid works in my house, top floor to basement. My AT&T phone would not work in the basement, or in the back yard.

I don't get any crackles, or other noises. My browser works fine.

In fact, I was quite surprised by the quality of the device right out of the box.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links