DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Voice Dial

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    For those of you having trouble with voice search not recognizing contacts ensure you have the settings correct for search.
    Menu > Settings > Search > searchable items > make sure 'contacts' is enabled
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Allowing Contacts Search

Adjusting Search permissions for my Motorola Droid under Settings is an available option but for my Eris Droid, there is no Search category under Settings. Perhaps I'll have to wait for upgrade to 2.x due out this month, I'm told by Verizon.

I did get an update to Eris last night but it wasn't the one to 2.x I'm waiting for.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMK View Post
    Adjusting Search permissions for my Motorola Droid under Settings is an available option but for my Eris Droid, there is no Search category under Settings. Perhaps I'll have to wait for upgrade to 2.x due out this month, I'm told by Verizon.

I did get an update to Eris last night but it wasn't the one to 2.x I'm waiting for.
    Ah.... yea you will probably have to wait for the update to gain that function. Sorry....
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Voice Dial and Voice Search

Thank you!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    thanks for help.would you haoooppen to know if there is a app to answer phone with gloves on it is hard to swipe screen
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have a strange problem... if I access the voice search by press-holding the magnifying glass button, the 'call' command doesn't work--it goes straight to google search. In fact, only 'navigage to' seems to work this way. Everything had been working up to now.

However, if I go to 'car home' or access voice search by going into the apps panel and pressing the 'voice search' icon, the 'call' command and other voice commands work great.

This is a definite annoyance since I love being able to press-hold the magnifying glass to call people easily.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth View Post
    I have a strange problem... if I access the voice search by press-holding the magnifying glass button, the 'call' command doesn't work--it goes straight to google search. In fact, only 'navigage to' seems to work this way. Everything had been working up to now.

However, if I go to 'car home' or access voice search by going into the apps panel and pressing the 'voice search' icon, the 'call' command and other voice commands work great.

This is a definite annoyance since I love being able to press-hold the magnifying glass to call people easily.
    I have the EXACT same problem. I checked my search settings, did a battery pull... can't seem to fix it. Randomly, it just stopped working a few days ago. Like cold turkey. It recognizes that I'm saying "Call Mom" but it's just doing a google search for "Call Mom". Dial command isn't working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... I like the voice dialing because I use it while driving.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

Same problem, suggested fix didn't work

I have the exact same problem and have been trying different forums for a few weeks with no resolution. It worked fine when I first got my phone, I would hold down the magnifying glass, say "call John Smith", and bingo his number would come up and I could easily dial while driving. Now it just does a Google search, but not my contacts? I tried the suggestion of going to Menu>Settings>Search>Searchable Items and "Contacts" was checked already. I even unchecked "Browser" and left just "Contacts" checked and it STILL won't work. VERY irritating to try and dial while driving.
    Should I try taking my phone back to verizon?
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmr23 View Post
    I have the exact same problem and have been trying different forums for a few weeks with no resolution. It worked fine when I first got my phone, I would hold down the magnifying glass, say "call John Smith", and bingo his number would come up and I could easily dial while driving. Now it just does a Google search, but not my contacts? I tried the suggestion of going to Menu>Settings>Search>Searchable Items and "Contacts" was checked already. I even unchecked "Browser" and left just "Contacts" checked and it STILL won't work. VERY irritating to try and dial while driving.
    Should I try taking my phone back to verizon?
    I am having exactly the same problem. Tried all the suggestions.
    Changed contacts to My Contacts, Set search to Contacts, even disabled Browser under searchable items. Still it just does a google search when I use the Voice Search function from the Home menu. Will not search contacts. This used to work. Did some application that I installed somehow disable this? Has anyone found the answer to this problem that works?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Same problem for me. I can't get voice search to call anyone. I just get a google web search that doesn't even match the words I say. Very frustrating!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links