DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Problems with Voice Dial

  1. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #11
    For those of you having trouble with voice search not recognizing contacts ensure you have the settings correct for search.
    Menu > Settings > Search > searchable items > make sure 'contacts' is enabled
  2. Junior Droid
    JayMK's Avatar
    Member #
    21447
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    4802162924
    #12

    Allowing Contacts Search

    Adjusting Search permissions for my Motorola Droid under Settings is an available option but for my Eris Droid, there is no Search category under Settings. Perhaps I'll have to wait for upgrade to 2.x due out this month, I'm told by Verizon.

    I did get an update to Eris last night but it wasn't the one to 2.x I'm waiting for.
  3. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMK View Post
    Adjusting Search permissions for my Motorola Droid under Settings is an available option but for my Eris Droid, there is no Search category under Settings. Perhaps I'll have to wait for upgrade to 2.x due out this month, I'm told by Verizon.

    I did get an update to Eris last night but it wasn't the one to 2.x I'm waiting for.
    Ah.... yea you will probably have to wait for the update to gain that function. Sorry....
  4. Junior Droid
    JayMK's Avatar
    Member #
    21447
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    4802162924
    #14

    Voice Dial and Voice Search

    Thank you!
  5. Droid Newbie
    mortee's Avatar
    Member #
    25892
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    7322395181
    #15
    thanks for help.would you haoooppen to know if there is a app to answer phone with gloves on it is hard to swipe screen
  6. Droid Newbie
    labyrinth's Avatar
    Member #
    34413
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid
    #16
    I have a strange problem... if I access the voice search by press-holding the magnifying glass button, the 'call' command doesn't work--it goes straight to google search. In fact, only 'navigage to' seems to work this way. Everything had been working up to now.

    However, if I go to 'car home' or access voice search by going into the apps panel and pressing the 'voice search' icon, the 'call' command and other voice commands work great.

    This is a definite annoyance since I love being able to press-hold the magnifying glass to call people easily.
  7. Droid Newbie
    droidrocks27's Avatar
    Member #
    34859
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth View Post
    I have a strange problem... if I access the voice search by press-holding the magnifying glass button, the 'call' command doesn't work--it goes straight to google search. In fact, only 'navigage to' seems to work this way. Everything had been working up to now.

    However, if I go to 'car home' or access voice search by going into the apps panel and pressing the 'voice search' icon, the 'call' command and other voice commands work great.

    This is a definite annoyance since I love being able to press-hold the magnifying glass to call people easily.
    I have the EXACT same problem. I checked my search settings, did a battery pull... can't seem to fix it. Randomly, it just stopped working a few days ago. Like cold turkey. It recognizes that I'm saying "Call Mom" but it's just doing a google search for "Call Mom". Dial command isn't working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... I like the voice dialing because I use it while driving.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Bmr23's Avatar
    Member #
    39303
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #18

    Same problem, suggested fix didn't work

    I have the exact same problem and have been trying different forums for a few weeks with no resolution. It worked fine when I first got my phone, I would hold down the magnifying glass, say "call John Smith", and bingo his number would come up and I could easily dial while driving. Now it just does a Google search, but not my contacts? I tried the suggestion of going to Menu>Settings>Search>Searchable Items and "Contacts" was checked already. I even unchecked "Browser" and left just "Contacts" checked and it STILL won't work. VERY irritating to try and dial while driving.
    Should I try taking my phone back to verizon?
  9. Droid Newbie
    cmgoodin's Avatar
    Member #
    45955
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmr23 View Post
    I have the exact same problem and have been trying different forums for a few weeks with no resolution. It worked fine when I first got my phone, I would hold down the magnifying glass, say "call John Smith", and bingo his number would come up and I could easily dial while driving. Now it just does a Google search, but not my contacts? I tried the suggestion of going to Menu>Settings>Search>Searchable Items and "Contacts" was checked already. I even unchecked "Browser" and left just "Contacts" checked and it STILL won't work. VERY irritating to try and dial while driving.
    Should I try taking my phone back to verizon?
    I am having exactly the same problem. Tried all the suggestions.
    Changed contacts to My Contacts, Set search to Contacts, even disabled Browser under searchable items. Still it just does a google search when I use the Voice Search function from the Home menu. Will not search contacts. This used to work. Did some application that I installed somehow disable this? Has anyone found the answer to this problem that works?
  10. Droid Newbie
    moonatics's Avatar
    Member #
    7865
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #20
    Same problem for me. I can't get voice search to call anyone. I just get a google web search that doesn't even match the words I say. Very frustrating!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Voice Dial
    By ccps in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 07:45 AM
  2. Voice Search vs. Voice Dial
    By zero7980 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
  3. Cannot Voice Dial
    By 1stdroid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 10:25 AM
  4. Voice dial, not bluetooth
    By jbr13 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 12:59 PM
  5. voice dial?
    By sfstan in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Search tags for this page

android voice dialer error

,

android voice dialer problem

,

android voice dialer problems

,
motorola t225 voice commands
,

problems with droid voice dialer

,
problems with motorola t225
,

voice dialer android problems

,

voice dialer failure

,

voice dialer problems android

,

voice dialer problems droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+