DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Undo froyo update

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Undo froyo update

Is there any way I can undo the froyo update without doing a factory reset and losing all my apps/settings/etc?

Ever since I updated my Droid to froyo, it has been EXTREMELY unstable. I find it very difficult to accomplish simple tasks (such as pressing the home button and waiting up to 15 seconds or more for my icons to load). The longer I've gone with froyo, the more unstable it becomes.

Someone PLEASE help me.
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    You can't undo an update.

Unless you SBF back to an old build and hope to fend off the upgrade (which won't last long).

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsfire View Post
    Is there any way I can undo the froyo update without doing a factory reset and losing all my apps/settings/etc?

Ever since I updated my Droid to froyo, it has been EXTREMELY unstable. I find it very difficult to accomplish simple tasks (such as pressing the home button and waiting up to 15 seconds or more for my icons to load). The longer I've gone with froyo, the more unstable it becomes.

Someone PLEASE help me.
    Do you ever wonder why all the people that have froyo for all this time all don't have the same issue?

More then likely you are running something that's causing an issue. Now there was an issue at one time with the redraw, but I believe that has now been resolved.

So what I would do is get rid of any task killers or antivirus. If you're very lucky that might fix it. If not then your only recourse is to do the Factory Data Reset.

I've done it a couple of times and it can be a pain. But I'm hearing from a lot of people that Droid is actually restoring all apps, paid and unpaid. Now don't hold me to this, I'm just reporting what others have told me.

Now that actually may not be a good thing because if the same garbage you put in just restores then you're going to have the same issue again. But give it a try. Good luck to you.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Also, try using a 3rd party launcher such as LauncherPro or ADW. Should help with the redraw issue.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsfire View Post

Someone PLEASE help me.
    I agree with Hook on this. Froyo makes phones faster and more stable. If your's isn't, then there's something wrong either with what you have on the phone (rogue app?) or you have a bad Froyo install. I'd definitely do the Factory Hard Reset. If that doesn't totally fix the issues, I'd take it to a Verizon store with a decent tech department and ask them to reflash the OS. If that doesn't totally fix your phone, they owe you a replacement.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  6. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    As both Hook BFF have said, your issue sounds like an app going crazy. I would make sure that any task killer is gone off your phone and if you go into Verizon and get a new phone or if they reflash the OS on this phone DON'T let them put the task killer on. They have been pushing it on many phones and they do cause a lot of issues.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Unintsalling task killers, etc made no difference. Launcher Pro wound up doing the trick though, thanks for the help guys!

Links