DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Occasionally my Droid won't send texts and then reboots?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Occasionally my Droid won't send texts and then reboots?

My Droid does reboot sometimes sporadically, but it's not really frequent or inconvenient, so I just figure it gets overwhelmed. BUT SOMETIMES, it'll reboot and for like 5-10 minutes beforehand I can't send text messages. So I'm thinking that there are different causes for reboot here, and this variety that prevents me texting IS inconvenient.

So ideas?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Optimus LS670
    The first thing you should do is install AVG anti-virus from the market and run a scan. Virus' most typically transfer through bluetooth. Also, a pesky app/service might be doing the rebooting. Not sure why else it would do that other than a hardware failure of some sort or overheating (in which case I'd recommend a task killer, try quick system info. also try killing some services and uninstalling unnecessary apps).
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by delitebrite View Post
    My Droid does reboot sometimes sporadically, but it's not really frequent or inconvenient, so I just figure it gets overwhelmed. BUT SOMETIMES, it'll reboot and for like 5-10 minutes beforehand I can't send text messages. So I'm thinking that there are different causes for reboot here, and this variety that prevents me texting IS inconvenient.

So ideas?
    Please don't install an anti virus or task killer, it will just slow down your phone and eat your battery without any benefit. You have a bad app installed most likely. Your best bet is wiping data and cache and starting over, being really careful when reinstalling your apps (ie reading the reviews). To wipe data and cache with stock recovery, turn off phone, hold home and power button, when you see the exclamation point release home and power, hit search button, use volume rocker to navigate and camera button to select. Be advised you will lose all your data, that is actually the whole point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Optimus LS670
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post

So ideas?
    Please don't install an anti virus or task killer, it will just slow down your phone and eat your battery without any benefit. You have a bad app installed most likely. Your best bet is wiping data and cache and starting over, being really careful when reinstalling your apps (ie reading the reviews). To wipe data and cache with stock recovery, turn off phone, hold home and power button, when you see the exclamation point release home and power, hit search button, use volume rocker to navigate and camera button to select. Be advised you will lose all your data, that is actually the whole point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Not if you run them the whole time. And as far as I can tell anti-virus hasn't slown down my droid. I think that's a rumor. I find it necessary because virus' will commonly travel through bluetooth (and most typically it's a worm). Besides, they can uninstall it for one use.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

So ideas?

I had my Droid Incredible replaced three times (including battery), and the rebooting problem occurred even when I had NO apps or anti-virus installed.

May I ask, what service provider you are using? The reason I asked is that my phones didn't have the problem until I activated them, so I'm wondering if it's a software problem related to the service provider instead of a hardware problem.

Links