DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Email issues need some help

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Email issues need some help

Guys,
    My G mail is fine but I am having issues with my other email accounts on the Droid. I have 8 email addresses (I manage a web store) and I have major issues with the Droid not getting my email. I have all of the settings correct and 50% of the time everything is fine. But I just got multiple emails on a few of my non-G mail accounts (this happens often) and nothing shows up on my Droid. I pull up my Comcast account and even hit "refresh" and I get nothing; it looks like it's trying (the little indicator in the corner keeps spinning) but I get nothing. To fix this I have to keep turning the phone off and on again and then I still only have successful downloads 8 of 10 times. What am I doing wrong? All of my settings are correct for each account and I have good signal and get G mail fine. I LOVE my Droid but this is driving me nuts and I don't want to have a customer issue due to a missed email. What can I do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Bob
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    same exact issue where the icon spins, for hours sometimes...when turn off-on, the emails will sometimes update. i think this is a connectivity issue, but verizon and motorola offer no advice. they claim there are no known issues. appears that the verizon 3g signal is marginal even in highly supported areas. how annoying, was not expecting RIM technology, but simple PULL email should be rather straight forward. frustrated!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    POP3 handling is jacked up on the droid. Too many bugs. Star this and drop a comment. The more people that ***** about it, hopefully the better to get it fixed quickly.

Issue 1507 - android - Email app doesn't delete emails on POP3 server and doesn't mark them as read - Project Hosting on Google Code
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Anyone else having this issue?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I Sir!! Getting on my nerves quite frankly. Between 100's of duplicate sent emails to deleting emails just to have them reappear several times. Or my inbox updating with emails I've read or deleted weeks ago.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Google Droid

Same issue

I just want to ditto what veryone lse is saying...this is about to drive me back to the Verizon store and get my Storm back!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Any update on when this issue will be addressed? On top of the previously mentioned issues I'm also getting notifications when nothing new is there, and no notifications unless I constantly reboot the Droid.

When is there going to be a fix for all of the POP issues?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by semisilentbob View Post
    Any update on when this issue will be addressed? On top of the previously mentioned issues I'm also getting notifications when nothing new is there, and no notifications unless I constantly reboot the Droid.

Nobody knows. This is why we need to star that issue above and make a post. The more of us that do it, the more Google will know that some of us use other email services except Gmail and would like it to work as expected.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by famac! View Post

Nobody knows. This is why we need to star that issue above and make a post. The more of us that do it, the more Google will know that some of us use other email services except Gmail and would like it to work as expected.

ok let me give you guys some helpful hints here. Gmail can do it all for you. Then it's pushed and all. Go in to yor gmail settings and have it check you pop3 accounts. It will pull then down and push it for you. Also go into you gmail settings and have it so when you recieve an email for a different account. If you reply to the sender they see the original address it was sent to. No one will ever know the difference and you will be much much happier
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by famac! View Post

ok let me give you guys some helpful hints here. Gmail can do it all for you. Then it's pushed and all. Go in to yor gmail settings and have it check you pop3 accounts. It will pull then down and push it for you. Also go into you gmail settings and have it so when you recieve an email for a different account. If you reply to the sender they see the original address it was sent to. No one will ever know the difference and you will be much much happier
    This is a well known workaround. However, some of us want to keep our other email accounts from going through Google. It works great on other phones without a need to jump through hoops so Google should make it work on the droid too.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links