DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I violated Google's Terms of Service

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The error u are seing is related to a large number of simliar searches and is nothing to worry about. These are more common in a large corp. Network as you have a vast number of users hitting googles servers from the same ip address.

If you want more clarification on this please provide details of your isp and type of connection....ie dsl att, cable on cox....or some university.

In any event I see this message sometimes 4 or 5 times a day at work....(I am sys admin for a large military corp.)

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    cdjones187
    Phone
    DROID, DROID X, and DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBiggs View Post
    "To continue, please type the characters below:
    [STANDARD CAPTCHA]

About this page:
    Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen? <--(link)
    Unless there is something on your phone doing A LOT of web searches on its own (not you) you have no worries. When this pops up its asking for CAPTCHA to make sure its not a bot doing the said searching. If it is a bot, the CAPTCHA will stop all searching from happening effectively lowering bandwidth from the device. This also applies to tons of other websites to help prevent spam.
    Droid 3 ICS/Liberty Gold (current builds) running @ 1.2Ghz

Let Motorola hear your voice, sign the petition to UNLOCK our bootloaders!

Click HERE to view and sign the petition!

Follow @Cdjones187
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBiggs View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Although I'm not trying to mislead you with a catchy header then failing subsequently to deliver a meaty scenario, I am quite concerned with a possibly benign subject that I seek to absolve.
    Recently I was given a "wag of the finger" by a Google moderating service (bot I assume) akin to a policeman's written warning. It contained the IP address of my phone, and informed me of suspicious activity taking place by said address through the phone directly or a unknown third party. I immediately scanned my computers for malware and came up empty handed, followed closely by my Droid. What gives? Searches of mine range anywhere from 'Guides for GIMP' all the way to 'Jenna Jameson,' but never through the paths traveled by truly malicious users. What combination of perfectly average searches could tip the scales of such a large database of seemingly anonymous users over to one such as my self specifically?

Thanks in advance

B
    I just have to say.. your style of writing is quite entertaining.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    @CdJones
    This was precisely my thought, however since it had to do with my phone and Google, I thought it best to turn to others that may or may not have had experiences in the matter. I remember what a hassle Myspace made us bear in its day with CAPTCHA. Nevertheless it is always better to be on the safe side.
    >
    I think I have figured it out as of the last few minutes though! I searched through my web history and remembered that I did a large number of searches for album artwork. iTunes was being its usual stubborn self and I took to the task of getting all of the artwork manually....again. Anyhow, I had forgotten I'd switched to tether midway through and used my phone's internet to help me complete the task. Why switch when I had wifi you might ask? Well I'm sure you're familiar with Hughesnet. Apparently nothing is safe from snooping eyes these days.
    Thank you all for your help! It's much appreciated!

Oh and @JRummy16
    Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad it gives the kicks here and there!

B
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I posted this in a different thread yesterday, so I apologize for any forum violation. This is a more relevant thread. I had the same issue. Here's my post:

I left my tether up this am and later I received a captcha screen when I opened the stock browser on my droid 2. It said:

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see that it is actually you sending those requests and not a robot...

This page appears when google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network that could be in violation of the terms of service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop."

I entered the captcha and was able to go on to the internet.

Anyone know what's going on there? Is Verizon getting wise to rooted tethering? I use tethering A LOT and would really hate having to go back to a different isp. Let me know...

...That was the post, but my question is the same: Is Verizon/google getting serious about ending rooted tethering? That would really suck. Let me know. Thanks guys-

UPDATE- I have used 1.8g of data this month an my cycle ends on 1/13.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForum App
    Last edited by team mp; 12-30-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Items didn't copy and paste correctly and added data use for this month
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I had a flashing message pop up in gmail saying that it appeared my Google Account had been hacked. It advised me to change my PW.

I didn't click on anything there, opened another browser window then went to Google and changed my pw. As far as I know that was a genuine message.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I had the exact same thing happen about two weeks ago. Never did figure out the reason.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S3 | iPhone 4s
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Wow!
    This may sound bad but I am glad I'm not the only one having the issue! Haha. You know I was wondering if they could be wise about tethering in the first place. I use my phone's internet a lot either way, so unless they are collecting very specific information there is no way of knowing. Verizon says they collect nothing other than anonymous data but it's much like taking a small sentence from a work of literature; it's simply out of context. I would like to see the clause surrounding that statement and see the fine print. Until then I can't say I'd be convinced that Verizon expands to all boundaries allowable by law.

B
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links