DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid X does not respond to Bluetooth Headset after Security Lock

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Droid X does not respond to Bluetooth Headset after Security Lock

My next bluetooth problem (first one still unresolved)... found a discussion acknowledging the issue I'm having on another forum but with no solutions (that I could find) and I haven't seen it being discussed here so I thought I would throw it out there.

The problem is simple: When my Droid X is connected to my bluetooth headset I can press the button on the headset, the phone goes to the voice command prompt, asks for, receives, and executes the voice command just fine... UNTIL... the security lock kicks in. After the security lock, I can only answer incoming calls. Really? So much for hands free.... now you have to unlock your damn phone every time you want to give it a voice command from your bluetooth headset.

I can deal with a few of the other bugs, but this one pisses me right off... they must have had more than one person working on this line of code because one person couldn't have been that stupid.

(side note: this doesn't occur when the phone is in the car dock however - because by default, the security lock doesn't occur when in the dock.)

Or maybe this has already been resolved and I'm that stupid.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyeguy007 View Post
    My next bluetooth problem (first one still unresolved)... found a discussion acknowledging the issue I'm having on another forum but with no solutions (that I could find) and I haven't seen it being discussed here so I thought I would throw it out there.

The problem is simple: When my Droid X is connected to my bluetooth headset I can press the button on the headset, the phone goes to the voice command prompt, asks for, receives, and executes the voice command just fine... UNTIL... the security lock kicks in. After the security lock, I can only answer incoming calls. Really? So much for hands free.... now you have to unlock your damn phone every time you want to give it a voice command from your bluetooth headset.

I can deal with a few of the other bugs, but this one pisses me right off... they must have had more than one person working on this line of code because one person couldn't have been that stupid.

(side note: this doesn't occur when the phone is in the car dock however - because by default, the security lock doesn't occur when in the dock.)

Or maybe this has already been resolved and I'm that stupid.
    Same thing happens with mine, your not alone.

Links