DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: phone call issue

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

phone call issue

ive experienced this twice so far in the last 2 days, but it has been "fixed" with a reboot each time

basically id be listening to music or pandora all day long at work, then when i would go to make/receive a call i wouldnt hear anything out of the handset, so i would pull it away from my head and the screen would light up to show i was using minutes.

but i would hear no audio from the handset. i switch to speaker and it works fine
    i am convinced it is a software issue at this point but not sure how to fix it

anyone else experiencing this? albeit i dont make a lot of calls, but the rest of the phone works great. i havent tried to clock to see how long it takes but maybe it has to do something with processes running, which i have killed anything running when i make calls

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    ohhh! Me! I've gotten 2 calls over the last couple of days that were soooo quite (sound turned all the way up) that I could hardly tell anyone was on the other line. But sporadic so I just figured it was a fluke.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Were you using headphones while listening to the music? There's a bug that causes your probably. There's a fix but not sure what it is.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    Were you using headphones while listening to the music? There's a bug that causes your probably. There's a fix but not sure what it is.
    umm yes.....
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabfast View Post
    ive experienced this twice so far in the last 2 days, but it has been "fixed" with a reboot each time

basically id be listening to music or pandora all day long at work, then when i would go to make/receive a call i wouldnt hear anything out of the handset, so i would pull it away from my head and the screen would light up to show i was using minutes.

but i would hear no audio from the handset. i switch to speaker and it works fine

anyone else experiencing this? albeit i dont make a lot of calls, but the rest of the phone works great. i havent tried to clock to see how long it takes but maybe it has to do something with processes running, which i have killed anything running when i make calls
    Yes, same thing here on all counts: Listened via headphone jack -> no sound from handset during call but speaker worked fine -> fixed by rebooting

By the way, the person on the other end heard me just fine ("hello? hello?"), so it seems to be purely a sound output problem.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabfast View Post

Check out this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...phone-use.html

Links