DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wifi wont stay connected.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Wifi wont stay connected.

I have a droid 2 and my wife has the droid x and we both can't use our wifi. It wont stay connected it drops connection on and off every few seconds. As far as I know my router is fine cause I have my laptop connected via wifi connected to it. Any1 know a fix to this issue. Thx

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensta View Post
    I have a droid 2 and my wife has the droid x and we both can't use our wifi. It wont stay connected it drops connection on and off every few seconds. As far as I know my router is fine cause I have my laptop connected via wifi connected to it. Any1 know a fix to this issue. Thx

You know I had the same issue. Router working fine, laptop doing great. Phone would lose wifi connection.

Last week my router just dumped on me. I bought a new router and now the phone is keeping it's connection. I can't say for certain that it was the router, but it sure looks that way.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I had this problem as well. What I did was I reset the router security key type. Changed it to wpa then back to wpa2. Has worked fine eve since.

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I have read tons of postings on this forum and others about wifi dropping. I have this problem as well. My question is why is almost everyone blaming everything other than the phone itself? Every other wifi device I have works perfectly with my router set up the way it is. Why should I be messing with router settings? It must be a phone setting or a hardware problem with the phone. I will keep looking for an answer.

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

good point

Please keep me posted. I also think its the phone itself. So far this is the only thing I have problems with. Other than that its a great phone. Hopefully the new update will fix this.
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosem119 View Post
    I have read tons of postings on this forum and others about wifi dropping. I have this problem as well. My question is why is almost everyone blaming everything other than the phone itself? Every other wifi device I have works perfectly with my router set up the way it is. Why should I be messing with router settings? It must be a phone setting or a hardware problem with the phone. I will keep looking for an answer.

That could very well be a possibility. We just point to the router as the problem because it's the easiest to fix.

If it is a hardware problem with your phone, exchanging it can be a real pain. You take an even bigger risk by getting a CLNR and might end up going through the whole problem over again.

Because I've experienced the same problem you have an solved it by figuring out my router settings that saved me a lot of time and headache at a verizon store. Just tryin to give you the easiest possible solution for now and then you work your way from there.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Well, I took a look at all my wireless devices and did some spec checking. I've wanted to upgrade the security on my network but had an old device that would only work with WEP. That device is now gone, so this morning I changed my security to WPA2. All my devices work on the WPA2.
    I will post again in a week or so or if the wifi drops again on the phone.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    i also think it is the phone. i have laptop conected to router works fine. i also conected my itouch to router and it worked fine a placed itouch and droid2 side by side, when droid droped out i checked itouch and it was working fine.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I had two laptops, an iPaq handheld, a Tivo and a wireless HP all in one printer on my old router setup. None of them ever had a problem. But I did change my router setting from WEP security to WPA2. Now everything including my Droid 2 works fine.
    Not sure if just any change to the router setting will fix it. You might want to try just rebooting the router by unplugging it before you mess with settings.

Links