DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music player problem....

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID

music player problem....

I've had an issue with the music player just starting on it's own in the background a few times. It usually happens when i have the headphones in. The other day I was using Pandora while working out for about an hour then I turned Pandora off. While walking to the locker I had the ear buds just draped accross my shirt and I noticed there was music playing. When I checked it was the stock music player playing the last song I had played a few days ago. I shut it down and a few minutes later it started again. Yesterday, I was using droidlive and the music player started a couple times while droidlive was streaming another song, so 2 songs at once. The first time I used the task killer to kill the music player and it started again a few minutes later. One of my coworkers also has a droid and she told me she's had the same issue except while talking on the phone (she uses headphone with built in mic while driving) and the music player would start in the middle of a conversation. I got to thinking and I'm using headphones with built in mic the I got from a blackberry a had a few years ago. Anybody else had this problem? I don't seem to have any of the other problems: static, crackling, loose headphone jack, etc.. that Ive seen posted on the forum. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    anyone???...........................
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I have a similar issue

and i thought i was going nuts. This is what's happening in my case

I play a playlist.
    After a few minutes the song would change and the music player would automatically go into Party Shuffle mode.
    That would play for a few seconds and the song would change again.
    A couple of restarts (usually) fixes it (i am not sure though). But it's still happening.

Did you find a reason as to why it's happening for you?? Any fixes?
    Last edited by psychedelicNerd; 12-29-2009 at 05:08 PM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Same thing happens to me. Any fix yet?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I have the same problem. I have found no way to keep the Music Player from firing up. I even went so far to see if I could uninstall the basic music player since I mostly use streaming players, Pandora, etc. I did not see a way to uninstall it. I think the problem may have to do with the very small electrostatic noise you get when you wiggle the headphone jack in the connector. It is a very weird behavior. It would be nice to have an App which puts the Music Player in a disabled/enabled state.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

It stopped happening for me

For me, luckily it stopped happening. I noticed that the behavior started after I installed a bunch of other players (Nimo, tunesWiki). I uninstalled both of em, did a restart and so far the problem didn't rise again.

I also noticed that in some cases, not all, the half press of camera button was causing the player to go crazy.

I am happy (for now atleast). I like the stock player especially cuz of its podcasts folder feature.

I do have pandora installed as well, I didn't have to uninstall that one.

Hope this helps
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have the same problem. Using the default music player my songs will sometimes turn off, go into full shuffle, or the music will turn on without me hitting any buttons. 90% of the time that this has happened my headphones have been plugged in. It also did not start happening until 2 weeks or so of phone use but now it happens all the time. Are there any fixes for this problem? Its quite annoying having your music shut off every couple of steps while walking.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I had similar problems on a droid with a generally buggy headphone jack. I had other problems too though (static, music cutting out when the cord moved, player firing up if I pressed on the jack with headphones plugged in, and the 'no sound when headphones removed' issue.) I swapped it out and the new one has been free of all of these problems. I'm not sure if all of the issues were related or due to hardware, so take it as you will.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Add me to the list. Usually I listen to podcasts with Beyondpod, and in the middle of a podcast, music starts to play. PITA!

This has been happening at least since the last update, I can't remember if it happened before that.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Same thing here...

Thought I was crazy.

When I'm walking on my commute to work, the music player will stop randomly. I do think it has to do with the headphone jack, like others have mentioned. It's extremely annoying. Not sure what makes it go into party shuffle or stop completely, but it seems odd that headphone jack feedback would do that. Hopefully this is fixed in the next version.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links