DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Text Messaging Vibrate Will Not Work

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    OK. So last night I went to the Verizon store. (After waiting an hour and a half) I talked to a tech support lady there. They couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. So they ended up giving me a new phone. Works now.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    actually had to go back again and get it replaced again because there was something wrong with the headphone jack. it moved around so much that it would like loose connection and turn the music off. other then that everything is working great now.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Revolution
    Same issue here with Handcent not working on vibrate. It was working before but stopped working after one of the updates. I hope it's a software issue becuase I really don't want to replace my phone.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    SOLUTION - download VOLUME CONTROL from the market. You will notice that there is a vibration on/off for the Ringer Volume and a separate one for the Notification Volume. If your text is not vibrating, it is because your Notification Vibration has been turned off. Turn it back on...you will be fine.
    Last edited by kestrel55; 12-29-2009 at 06:51 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Revolution
    Thanks for the reply kestrel. I will try this later on.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Revolution
    I just checked the market and there were 3 listed as "volume control." I guess I could just try out all 3 but I'm curious as to which one you are using?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Volume Control by RevoSolutionary Development
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kestrel55 View Post
    SOLUTION - download VOLUME CONTROL from the market. You will notice that there is a vibration on/off for the Ringer Volume and a separate one for the Notification Volume. If your text is not vibrating, it is because your Notification Vibration has been turned off. Turn it back on...you will be fine.
    I had the no vibrate issue, and I made absolutely sure that notification vibration was turned on. That was also the first thing that the woman at the Verizon store checked. In the end, the Verizon store couldn't figure it out either and they mailed me a new phone. The vibrate on text receive works perfectly as long as notification vibrate is turned on. Seems like it's just a bug with some phones. My old phone was a 42/09, and the new one is a 48/09 in case anybody finds that useful.

*edit* Ah, but I see your solution was for laterr's issue, and that should work. He should also just be able to go into messaging, then menu -> settings to turn on vibration notification, no?
    Last edited by Vanilla Tarantino; 12-30-2009 at 09:36 AM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    My vibrate notification was also turned on in Handcent and incoming textes did not vibrate. I downloaded "Volume Control" before this problems first occured. I think I may have inadvertantly turned off the Notifitication vibration in this app which caused my problem.

Strange but there is only one main vibration control in the main droid settings. In the app, Ringer vibration and Notfication vibration are controlled separately.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Revolution
    I really wish this was "user error" on my part but I made sure the vibrate when notified on both handcent and the stock messaging app were both checked. I thought that they may even somehow cancel each other out so I tried each one just by itself but still no luck. I definitely agree that I shouldn't need another app just to get my phone to vibrate for texts but I really don't want to bother with getting another phone.

On a side note I did find an app called "Smart Vibrator" which does work well for me. One cool thing about it is that you can customize the way it vibrates. I don't know what the app "volume control" that Kestrel recommended does yet but I'll try it out to see which one I prefer more. But for those of you that want options "Smart Vibrator" is doing exactly what I need.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links