DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Motorola Triumph and Virgin Mobile problems

  1. Senior Droid
    HamDog's Avatar
    Member #
    98735
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #1

    Motorola Triumph and Virgin Mobile problems

    About 7-8 months ago, I switched from my OG Droid from Verizon to the Triumph on Virgin Mobile. What a nightmare. The savings are substantial on my monthly bills, but the Triumph has been a big piece of junk. I went to leave a bad rating/review on the Virgin Mobile website (which gives the Triumph a 4.1 Star review out of 5) and it rejected my review! Personally, I think it's fraudulent for Virgin to reject bad review and leave only the good reviews. Here is my YouTube video on the Triumph problems:

    Virgin Mobile Android Motorola Triumph Review - Part 2 - YouTube
  2. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    I was with Virgin Mobile for awhile. I started with the LG Optimus V, which is still a solid little device. I tried out the Triumph, and had nothing but problems - it really is a poorly put together device.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Senior Droid
    HamDog's Avatar
    Member #
    98735
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #3
    When I switched to Virgin, I expected less, but in the terms of coverage area, not quality of a Motorola branded phone. I always had high regards for Motorola to stand behind their product. I'm really disappointed.
  4. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HamDog View Post
    When I switched to Virgin, I expected less, but in the terms of coverage area, not quality of a Motorola branded phone. I always had high regards for Motorola to stand behind their product. I'm really disappointed.
    Well for what it's worth, it's basically a rebranded Huwaii (sp?) phone - can't remember which one. Moto had little to do with it's mfg, from what I understand.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Senior Droid
    HamDog's Avatar
    Member #
    98735
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #5
    If I had seen the name "Huwai" on the phone, I never would have bought it. But I saw Motorola, a trusted name, so I figured it was safe. Later I found Huwai was the manufacturer, but I still didn't mind as long as Motorola was responsible for it. I guess that I guessed wrong.
  6. Droid Ninja
    altspeed's Avatar
    Member #
    244575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Posts
    1,035
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    #6
    It's huawei. They'll be a monster someday, but for now they should stick to low end scooters (their primary business)

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    jntdroid likes this.
  7. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by HamDog View Post
    If I had seen the name "Huwai" on the phone, I never would have bought it. But I saw Motorola, a trusted name, so I figured it was safe. Later I found Huwai was the manufacturer, but I still didn't mind as long as Motorola was responsible for it. I guess that I guessed wrong.
    Yeah that was my thought process as well...

    At first I thought it was great, like a nice Droid X on the cheap... but quickly discovered a lot of issues - not the least of which was horrid battery life, horrible radio (both cell and gps).
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Droid Newbie
    budster66's Avatar
    Member #
    257319
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    TRIUMPH
    #8
    Anyone else having trouble with the Triumph? Turning on and off by itself - losing all music and pics?? I am on my THIRD Triumph phone in 8 months !!!!!!
  9. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by budster66 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the Triumph? Turning on and off by itself - losing all music and pics?? I am on my THIRD Triumph phone in 8 months !!!!!!
    I hate to say it, but I would give up on it if I were you. I don't know what new devices Virgin has, but probably some decent options. If not, I'd grab a LG Optimus V. I know it's smaller and has a lower res screen, but it's a very solid device for what it is.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Droid Newbie
    CDav0673's Avatar
    Member #
    297049
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola Triumph
    #10

    Motorola Triumph is Garbage and Virgin Mobile is Garbage too!

    Quote Originally Posted by HamDog View Post
    About 7-8 months ago, I switched from my OG Droid from Verizon to the Triumph on Virgin Mobile. What a nightmare. The savings are substantial on my monthly bills, but the Triumph has been a big piece of junk. I went to leave a bad rating/review on the Virgin Mobile website (which gives the Triumph a 4.1 Star review out of 5) and it rejected my review! Personally, I think it's fraudulent for Virgin to reject bad review and leave only the good reviews. Here is my YouTube video on the Triumph problems:

    Virgin Mobile Android Motorola Triumph Review - Part 2 - YouTube
    Virgin Mobile has to know they are selling a defective product and they could care less. They ignore my reviews as well. I am on my 5th replacement phone because when I plug in the charger it doesn't stay charged and I have had this problem with ever phone I have gotten. I have complained and complained about this. I even got hung up on by a so called manager.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The motorola Triumph virgin mobile speed test
    By WoZzY in forum Android Smart Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 06:36 AM
  2. My Motorola Triumph from virgin mobile is beast
    By WoZzY in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. Motorola TRIUMPH Review [on Virgin Mobile]
    By WoZzY in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 01:05 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 09:28 PM
  5. Prepaid Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile
    By grnidkjun in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Search tags for this page

motorola triumph charging problems

,
motorola triumph issues
,
motorola triumph not charging
,

motorola triumph not turning on

,

motorola triumph problems

,
motorola triumph troubleshooting
,
motorola triumph turns off by itself
,
virgin mobile motorola triumph issues
,

virgin mobile motorola triumph problems

,
virgin mobile motorola triumph troubleshooting
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+