DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G1 design flaw?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

G1 design flaw?

Why is it that almost every G1 that I see has a screen that is very much cracked and shattered. Its not like its an isolated incident either. I'd say about 98% of the time when I see a G1, the screen is messed up. Is there a design flaw or something? Just curious

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon to be Droid
    Not to be rude, but this isn't a forum about the G1. If you wanna talk about it, you need to go to Off-Topic. Try to keep it Droid specific.
    I

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I appreciate how incredibly productive your comment was, and how it seemed to advance the discussion further at light speed. That being said, you'll have to forgive me, but since it said general discussion "24/7 Droid Talk! (Covering all Droid Phones)", and the home page says not just a motorola droid forum in bold letters, and because there is another section further down on the page that says moto droid specifically, I figured that posting in here wouldn't be a problem. And while it does say on the top "for verizon phones", I've noticed that people post in the general section about android as a whole, again because is states "covering all droid phones". So, if I'm a little puzzled by the fact that you clicked on a discussion about the G1 when in fact you had no desire to actually talk about the G1, you'll again have to forgive me.
    Last edited by pyro6128; 01-30-2010 at 11:50 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by droiddoes1912 View Post
    Not to be rude, but this isn't a forum about the G1.
    Droid General Discussions General Motorola Droid Discussions / General Verizon Droid Discussions
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro6128 View Post
    I appreciate how incredibly productive your comment was, and how it seemed to advance the discussion further at light speed. That being said, you'll have to forgive me, but since it said general discussion, and the home page says not just a motorola droid forum in bold letters, and because there is another section further down on the page that says moto droid specifically, I figured that posting in here wouldn't be a problem. And while it does say on the top "for verizon phones", I've noticed that people post in the general section about android as a whole. So, if I'm a little puzzled by the fact that you clicked on a discussion about the G1 when in fact you had no desire to actually talk about the G1, you'll again have to forgive me.
    Not to be rude, but that was the most polite, yet jerkish, reply I have heard in a while lol. No offense, but I am sure everyone could feel the undertone in your reply.

With that said, and as you pointed out, this is a general board. But let's take another look shall we...

*reads board title*
    Droid General Discussions

Wait, what was that...?
    Droid General Discussions

Oooooooooh, that explains why we talk about the Droid on this board and not every other Android device. I get it now. All it took was for me to read the board title, lol. I feel dumb now, how embarrassing.

All jokes aside, yeah, as the previous poster mentioned, this is a Droid specific forum. There are other forums to discuss the G1...this specific board is not one of them. Good day, sir!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    maybe my computer is the only one that shows this "Droid Discussions - 24/7 Droid Talk! (Covering all Droid Phones)" when I'm on the home page. Anyway, the undertone was very much intentional. This has been blown way out of proportion, when those who did not want to discuss it simply didnt have to click on it. Again, we talk about android as a whole in this section all the time. If we were only talking about the moto droid, then it seems redundant to have this section and the motorola droid section.. If a mod wants to move it fine, but all these "teacher teacher hes posting in the wrong place" whining is just ridiculous. If you don't want to read something or discuss it don't. I didn't twist anyone's arm. I do however apologize for being a bit of a dick, but unnecessary confrontation just annoys me. Again, you don't want to discuss something, don't.
    Last edited by pyro6128; 01-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon to be Droid
    No, that is on everyone's, but what you don't get is this forum is for the Verizon DROID series of phones. Not Android. DROID, meaning the Motorola Droid, and the HTC DROID Eris. That's it. At least, so far.
    I

9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Apology accepted.

10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro6128 View Post
    maybe my computer is the only one that shows this "Droid Discussions - 24/7 Droid Talk! (Covering all Droid Phones)" when I'm on the home page. Anyway, the undertone was very much intentional. This has been blown way out of proportion, when those who did not want to discuss it simply didnt have to click on it. Again, we talk about android as a whole in this section all the time. If we were only talking about the moto droid, then it seems redundant to have this section and the motorola droid section.. If a mod wants to move it fine, but all these "teacher teacher hes posting in the wrong place" whining is just ridiculous. If you don't want to read something or discuss it don't. I didn't twist anyone's arm. I do however apologize for being a bit of a dick, but unnecessary confrontation just annoys me. Again, you don't want to discuss something, don't.

Speaking of blowing things out of proportion, you could have simply said, "my apologies", and posted in the off topic forum instead of ranting and raving. You chose to blow it out of proportion instead. I am willing to bet you didn't get the answer you originally posted for, either. Good job.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Wink

well I'll say I'm sorry to everyone. If I honestly knew it was going to be this much of a process asking about the G1 I assure you I would not have wasted my time. Sorry everyone...so how bout them moto droids, pretty special huh
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links