DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: EVO, Epic, or EVO Shift

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

EVO, Epic, or EVO Shift

Due to the addition of a nice plan feature and the fact that the economy is just booming right now, NOT, I am being forced to put aside personal hatred to shrink my monthly financial obligation as it pertains to my portable computer. lol, ok, phone, but really it acts as a portable computer with all that I can do on it. I'm looking at moving to the EVO, the EVO Shift, or the Epic (Samsung Galaxy S Phone). Yes they are all Sprint, but like I said, they have a plan feature (unlimited mobile to mobile calling on ANY carrier) that puts them out front as far as plan cost. I've heard that HTC is a better company as far as ongoing support for their products where as Samsung seems to go the way Moto does with phones they screw up on (like the Cliq) and treat their eff ups as red headed step children. I've played with all three phones and I'm not terribly impressed with the new EVO Shift, the keyboard and smaller screen leaves much to be desired in my book. The screen on the Epic was very nice. Quadrant scores for the EVO and Epic were 1227 and 582 respectively. Now that was in the store, and the Epic had just been refreshed, so that doesn't impress me too much considering that the Epic has a 1 GHz processor too. A lot of people don't like to go by quadrant scores, others do, I personally don't care either way usually, but a score that different between the two does give me something to think about. So far, I'm leaning toward the EVO. I like the bigger screen, it seems faster, front camera, HDMI output, shoots video in full 720, so it just seems like the way to go. But everyone seems to rave about the AMOLED screen that the Epic has. So anyway, post any and all experiences that you have had with any of these three phones b/c well, I don't like to just impulse buy, I like to research as well as get actual user feedback. I know the EVO can be rooted, I haven't seen yet where the Epic is (stress yet), so of course I know I will be overclocking at some point as well as gaining the ability to wireless tether without having to incur the $30 a month Sprint charges to do that. Thanks to all that respond.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    MOTO DROID
    ROOTED
    TUD 2.4.0
    Slayher 1.2 LV Kernel
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    dude just get the EVO you won't be sorry
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G
    I currently have the HTC Evo 4G, and I am absolutely in love with everything about it.. except the battery life. I recently bought the extended battery for about 50$ and before buying that, it lasted about 6 hours of moderate usage with low brightness, and limited talk-time. Now with the ext. battery, it lasts about 12 its just uncomfortably large.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I went into the store and played around with all of them. I went ahead and did the linpack score on them and once again and surprisingly enough, the epic was the slowest with a score of 8. The evo came in with 34 and the evo shift with 33. It's amazing how those apps report such a different score. I've decided on the evo just because I like the bigger screen. My wife is going to go with the shift.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    MOTO DROID
    ROOTED
    TUD 2.4.0
    Slayher 1.2 LV Kernel
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    I too recently switched carriers; going from verizon to sprint for that same reason. Though I miss Verizon, spring had a better deal for family plans seeing that I have 5 smartphones and not getting charged anything extra and two of them being evo 4g. Love the designing the phone and its accuracy specially keyboard wise. to me htc makes a terrific product saying that I went from droid, droid x, samsung fascinate. my only complaint too so far, is the battery also. hey just drains... the only answer to that I see, is purchasing another battery. just can't afford it as of right now seeing that I will need to buy 2. I'd say if you're going to sprint I would go with the evo 4g. Hope we're helping.

Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums App
    GOD is LOVE
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC EVO
    Yes I too went from at&t to sprint just for the HTC EVO like it better then the I-phone this is a real good phone to have I can't go back to any thing else

Sent from my HTC EVO

Links