Comepletly based off of the latest DROID leak/release FRG83 Android 2.2.1
Special Thanks to P3droid and Team Black Hat for the leak!
Thread updated (11-27-10) Rom Updated (11-27-10)
This is currently a working beta. Any bugs found, if any will most likely be small and easily fixed. The rom is only in beta because I am applying small updates often instead of one big update. I also really want feedback on what people like and dislike about the rom. There is a feature request thread if you want to make a request.
This rom is no longer in beta. It has been updated to a "Stable" Release
[Latest] [Release] metiCkMod FRG83
(I removed a lot of apps, flash the addons if you want some or all of them back)
This is very close to stock FRG83 and you will only be able to tell you have a mod by it's performance. That's the whole idea behind the rom.
Missing Apps - Put.it.back.zip - Restores most of the system apps I removed
Restore LiveWallpapers - restore-livewallpapers-update.zip
Car Home - carhome-update.zip
Google Apps - google-apps-update.zip - Installs only popular Google apps eg. Youtube, Maps, Street...
Business Apps - business-apps-update.zip - Installs Email, CorpCal and droidemailpolicy back in system
Blackbar-metiCkMod-FRG83.zip (apply over full rom)
------------Simple Blackbar version of FRG83--------------
BacktoStock-metiCkMod-FRG83.zip (apply over blackbar to return to stock theme)
----------- Brings you back to the stock theme of metiCkMod --------------
- Updated MiuiMusic so the notification icon matches the theme
- Updated to new MIUI Music player (credit to n_i_x and team for the translations)
- Removed Launcher2
- Added Zeam Launcher
- Re-themed MIUI music to match stock theme better including the notification icon (still a WIP)
- Removed Live Wallpapers (update.zip available)
- Removed LatinIME tutorial app
- Approximately 230 free mb's in system, give or take 10mb
- Updated ad blocker hosts
- Added MIUI Music app (just fun but if people like it I'll keep it)
- Removed boot animation and customer ringtones (update.zip is available to put them back)
- Removed a bunch of apps (update.zip is available to put them back & some are in the market.)
- ads blocked by default
- replaced default wallpaper
- 42 mb free in system
V0.3 - edited framework for better auto brightness response time
- removed Google Street View (new version in Market)
- removed Google Maps (new version in Market)
- added custom ringtones
- applied transparency patch to services.jar (for themers)
- applied min auto brightness hack to framework (half the min-brightness)
- removed extra su script
- added miui keyboard
- Completely optimized, OptiPNG & Zipaligned (metiCkOne)
- Stock kernel Ė (Defaults to 600mhz but can be overclocked to 800mhz, also allows for wired & wireless)
- Adbd runs as root by default now (Credit to actngrezy)
- Updated Superuser to 22.214.171.124 & SU binary (Credit to ChainsDD)
- Installed busybox V. 1.15.2
- Ads are blocked by default (metiCkOne)
- Added call ring delay (phone rings as soon as someone calls you)
- Added Wifi scan tweak to save battery life (Scans every 1.5 mins, instead of every 15 sec)
- Optimized all ogg's
- Removed a lot of scripts
- Removed Weather Channel logo from news & weather widget
- Removed CarHome (use carhome zip to reinstall)
- Removed VM stub (Download from Market)
- Removed Google Goggles (Download from Market)
- Removed Twitter (Download from Market)
- Removed Facebook (Download from Market)
- Removed a whole lot of unnecessary apks and scripts (full list available on request)
- Modded launcher (removed 60+ jpgs)
- Updated Messaging App (Credit to Cyanogenmod/Koush) (Tons of options)
Recommendations: Don't use any root app to restore data. If you really want to restore your apps with Titanium or something like it you can do so without restoring the data that comes with the app. If you do this make sure you deselect any system apps like phone or camera.
ChevyNo1 - Index of /froyo/kernels3 - Chevyís a great dev Check out his thread!
P3droid Kernels (Be careful which kernel you choose as there are some for 2.1 and 2.2)
SetCPU (Available on market or XDA)
HTC_IME (awesome keyboards)
Clockworkmod Instructions: Place file anywhere on your sdcard, boot into recovery, select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and select the appropriate zip file.
SPRecovery Instructions: Rename file to update.zip, place on the root of your sdcard (meaning not in a folder on your sdcard), boot into recovery - install - Allow update.zip Installation - Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
Wipe or not? It is my recommendation that everyone wipes data & cache no matter what build they are coming from. Also, you should only use titanium to re-install apps without the data. It kinda sucks to re-enter all your info, accounts and bookmarks (especially with all these leaks) but in the end, if you run into problems you won't wonder if itís because you didn't wipe data/cache.
Source Files - Leaked by Team Black Hat, deodexed by me metiCkOne-FRG83.zip
- Flash this if you want just FRG83 without mods or edits.