DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooted | Stock | Odexed & Deodexed | FRG22D

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Rooted | Stock | Odexed & Deodexed | FRG22D

Wan't to get back to a Stock rooted Froyo experience? I've got you covered.

FRG22D Odexed - Stock Froyo with root & busybox (best for people who like to keep things as stock as possible and wont necessarily theme or mod)

FRG22D-OTA-Odexed-.zip

FRG22D Deodexed - Stock Froyo, deodexed with root & busybox (Best for themers and makes a great base for rom developers)

FRG22D-OTA-Deodexed.zip

+*+* Changes from the original files I posted +*+*

- All the files are now directly from the "Master" OTA that Verizon pushed out a few months ago. Instead of from patched files. (
    SOURCE )

- Updated Superuser to the latest version 2.3.6.1 (
    SOURCE )

- Moved SU from Xbin to bin so Superuser can update the binaries when necessary

--- Install instructions ---

Clockworkmod Instructions: Place file anywhere on your sdcard, boot into recovery, select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and select the appropriate zip file.

SPRecovery Instructions: Rename file to update.zip, place on the root of your sdcard (meaning not in a folder on your sdcard), boot into recovery - install - Allow update.zip Installation - Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

Wipe or not? It is my recommendation that everyone wipes data & cache no matter what build they are coming from. Also, you should only use titanium to re-install apps without the data. It kinda sucks to re-enter all your info, accounts and bookmarks and re-download apps but in the end, if you run into problems you won't wonder if it’s because you didn't wipe data/cache.
    Last edited by metiCkOne; 12-06-2010 at 06:20 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M, GN2, N10
    Quote Originally Posted by metiCkOne View Post
    Wan't to get back to a Stock rooted Froyo experience? I've got you covered.

FRG22D Odexed - Stock Froyo with root & busybox (best for people who like to keep things as stock as possible and wont necessarily theme or mod)

FRG22D-Odexed.zip

FRG22D Deodexed - Stock Froyo, deodexed with root & busybox (Best for themers and makes a great base for rom developers)

FRG22D-Deodexed.zip

+*+* Changes from the original files I posted +*+*

- All the files are now directly from the "Master" OTA that Verizon pushed out a few months ago. Instead of from patched files. (
    SOURCE )

- Updated Superuser to the latest version 2.3.6.1 (
    SOURCE )

- Moved SU from Xbin to bin so Superuser can update the binaries when necessary

--- Install instructions ---

Clockworkmod Instructions: Place file anywhere on your sdcard, boot into recovery, select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and select the appropriate zip file.

SPRecovery Instructions: Rename file to update.zip, place on the root of your sdcard (meaning not in a folder on your sdcard), boot into recovery - install - Allow update.zip Installation - Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

Wipe or not? It is my recommendation that everyone wipes data & cache no matter what build they are coming from. Also, you should only use titanium to re-install apps without the data. It kinda sucks to re-enter all your info, accounts and bookmarks and re-download apps but in the end, if you run into problems you won't wonder if itís because you didn't wipe data/cache.
    Thank for this. I really appreciate it. I was wanting a "stock" rom for a back up. I was going to download the version from rom manager but was a little hesitant about it. When I was new to the rooted world I did not make a nandroid backup of my stock rom because I was too excited about trying other roms out that I totally forgot. Ive always enjoyed your work as far as your roms and from Team-MIUI. They are the 2 that I run the most. Thank you again for all your hard work and dedication!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    good stock material
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX2
    Thank you!

I just installed this and i must say it is the cleanest and most up to date rooted stock rom I have ever seen.

Very nice.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Great thanks very much for providing this!!!

Links