DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: help with ROM?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

help with ROM?

I recently just rooted, and I'm trying to use roms but I'm having some issues. I have a d1. I tried installing bugless beast first. And I use rom manager to download the rom than I flash my existing rom and wipe data and cache. My phone reboots, but everything looks exactly the same. So how do I know if the rom was installed correctly?
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Tap menu, tap settings, tap about phone, scroll down and look at Android version, Kernel and Build. I believe BB will be listed on the Build.

Can you please clarify "And I use rom manager to download the rom than I flash my existing rom and wipe data and cache." It appears that you reinstalled the current rom and not what you downloaded.

I believe that in RM you select the rom (BB) and tap. RM begin downloading. You can view the progress by scrolling the notification bar down. Once the download is complete you scroll down the notification bar and tap the line that indicted the install has completed. RM will open and you can select to make a backup and/or wipe data and cache. Then, RM installs the rom and reboots. Is that what you did?
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Sorry, I make a backup, I don't flash my existing one. I retried and I created a backup and I cleared data and cache but my build is FRG22D...still. I just don't know what I could be doing wrong.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    If I understand correctly, since rooting, you have only made a backup. Now, you need to install a rom. Follow these steps:
    Open RM
    Tap download ROM
    elect the rom (BB) and tap.
    RM will begin downloading.
    You can view the progress by scrolling the notification bar down.
    Once the download is complete you scroll down the notification bar and tap the line that indicted the install has completed.
    RM will open and you can select to make a backup and/or wipe data and cache. Then, RM installs the rom and reboots.

If you have wifi connect to it and the download will go quicker
    Hope this is helpful.
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!

Links