DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid Rom

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

[ROM] SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid Rom

SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid ROM (2.2.1)..... with a few extras.

Click to Download

(2.2.2 is available) New version

A ROM I have compiled from source is now available on Rom Manager (premium version).

It's also available from my website SnkBitten Motorola Droid ROM.
    (both as a download or as a Rom Manager Web-Connect initiator)

This is not the "fastest" or "feature packed" ROM available, there are many other great choices out there. This is I've found to be a stable and smooth ROM that I have enjoyed on my phone.

This was compiled from the latest code pushed to open source (OS 2.2.1) and is for the Motorola Droid. I have been working on this ROM maintaining sync with Google/Android while putting in a few extras.

This ROM is very close to straight stock except being compiled from the latest source (2.2.1) and uses the FRG22D proprietary files and proper market fingerprint. My goal when I started this was to retain the stock look and feel of a vanilla Android system but adding some extra support or features that didn't branch off too far from stock.

I have been running this for a few weeks and after the suggestion from a few of my friends who have been testing and/or running this ROM I decided to make it available for others. I'd like to give a special thanks to Deodexed as he provided a lot of testing on his spare Droid once I got tired of constantly flashing and setting mine up again and again...

This has the latest Gmail app and I have removed Maps, Streetview and Google Voice Search as they are available in the Market. Twitter and AmazonMp3 were also removed (from personal choice).

I leaned heavily on cvpcs's and cyanogenmod's github accounts for the little extras and for some pushes in the right direction.

You can also follow my work on github @ SnkBitten's Profile - GitHub

Changelog:

• 2.2.1: Created new vendor setup for SnkBitten ROM
    • Build numbering starting at 2.2.1 to match Froyo Release 2.2.1 as synced to Google's source (AOSP)
    • Built from AOSP source for Froyo Nothing fancy, nothing extreme, trying to remain as close to stock Froyo but with a touch of enhancements and improved features.
    • New kernel [cvpcs] Added 250-800SV kernel for the purpose of providing more stability out-of-the-box.
    • Added Reboot option to Power Off button press [Woodyman]
    • Added Audio DSP settings [alankila] Alankila's Audio Digital Signal Processing system. DSPManager in apps.
    • Superuser compiled in [ChainsDD] Using source repo of ChainsDD to pull Superuser for build.
    • Using proprietaries from FRG22D leak The leak (courtesy p3droid) has been included in this release
    • Changed build.prop overrides to fix Market issues [cyanogen] Changed the build prop overrides to match that of FRG22D so that market will believe SnkBitten is a standard verizon release
    • Added ability to see MOD/ROM version in Settings [cvpcs] This allows for the phone to better match Verizon's releases.
    • Added busybox [cvpcs (removed need for modified bionic)] [cyanogen (base)] provides a large set of command line executables
    • Added libc-ext [cvpcs] provides syscalls not included in bionic used by busybox
    • Added SNKWallpapers [cyanogen] removed cyanogenmod specific images, added other images found on web
    • Other tweaks: Reduced ring delay from 3000 to 1000 Increased WiFi scan time from 15 to 90 Added FLAC support [cyanogen] Updated to wpa-supplicant 0.6.x [koush] Removed Maps, Street, Voice Search from build (obtain from Market for latest) Includes latest Google CarHome app

• Added additional applications Wired Tether Wireless Tether Move2SD Enabler (GUI for Apps2SD) Download Crutch Lite (download any file type in browser)
    • Basic scripts - sysrw, sysro and compache. Compcache does work with the included kernel however I personally do not use it.

Picture below show applications NOT included (LauncherPro and Root Exlporer)

Special thanks to cvpcs, cyanogenmod, InsaneNemesis, Woodyman and koush. This would not have been possible without help from all the above either via emails, pms or following/borrowing from their respective github repositories. Again, thanks to Deodexed for testing this ROM as I tweaked it or added new features.
    Last edited by tcrews; 10-18-2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    This ROM is amazing. I am running it now. I love the wallpapers that come with it. You get alot of variety.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    very nice work!!!!
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Premium Member
    Thanks....

I've enjoyed the stability and overall "solid" feel of it (though as with everything there is always room for improvement). My testers, about 8 of them, have been very pleased with it as well.

Sent from my Droid
    Last edited by tcrews; 10-09-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Tom Crews

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate and Droid1
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
    Thanks....

I've enjoyed the stability and overall "solid" feel of it (though as with everything there is always room for improvement). My testers, about 8 of them, have been very pleased with it as well.

Sent from my Droid
    This has been one of my favorite roms if not my favorite roms so far! I been testing this rom for Tcrews since I had a spare droid and was using the DroidX at the time. Since then I actually sold my DroidX and went back to using my Droid since I missed using a custom AOSP rom so much. I am currently learning how to build a custom rom and have a lot of help from Tcrews and his awesome guide.

I want to personally thank Tcrews for all his help and his great rom development!

Tcrews also has a section on my website were you can see some discussions that have taken place about this version.
    Most important things in life are Family, Friends, Linux, Android, and Knowledge. (not in any specific order). Learn, share and teach. Open source is for everyone's benefit!

http://deodexed.com
    http://twitter.com/deodexed
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Its about time you released this over here. Tcrews is an awesome dev and def very heplful. I'm glad to see the rom released on df.

Looking for devices to expand p.e.
    Let me know if you have one for sale or to donate.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone4
    Thanks alot for wasting 15min. Of my life. DL this rom only for the snake wallpaper & it's not even included.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjohns View Post
    Thanks alot for wasting 15min. Of my life. DL this rom only for the snake wallpaper & it's not even included.
    Its the default_wallpaper but why would you download a ROM for a wallpaper? Google search could probably turn up hundreds of similar pics.....

Sorry you feel 15 minutes of your life are lost forever....

Sent from my Droid
    Tom Crews

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate and Droid1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjohns View Post
    Ok first off you must be new to this if you cant appreciate an AOSP rom! Second off, the wallpaper does come with it! You probably did not clear data and cache so your old wallpaper is on top. The build has it installed as a default wallpaper so I if you are looking for it under the wallpaper you will not see it.

This rom is built from source (once again) and is not based of an ota that has been rummaged through and modified then put back together. It had to be compiled and errors had to be fixed in order for it to complete.

But everyone has the right to their opinion, but just have your facts straight! (wallpaper)

I have been testing this rom extensively and have seen the huge amount of effort and work that the dev (Tcrews) has put into it!

This is my opinion.
    Most important things in life are Family, Friends, Linux, Android, and Knowledge. (not in any specific order). Learn, share and teach. Open source is for everyone's benefit!

http://deodexed.com
    http://twitter.com/deodexed
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Downloading now, I am particular to Sapphire and Project Elite V.2, so this should fit me well. What Kernel is stock and what ones work well????
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links