[ROM] SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid Rom
SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid ROM (2.2.1)..... with a few extras.
Click to Download
(2.2.2 is available) New version
A ROM I have compiled from source is now available on Rom Manager (premium version).
It's also available from my website SnkBitten Motorola Droid ROM.
(both as a download or as a Rom Manager Web-Connect initiator)
This is not the "fastest" or "feature packed" ROM available, there are many other great choices out there. This is I've found to be a stable and smooth ROM that I have enjoyed on my phone.
This was compiled from the latest code pushed to open source (OS 2.2.1) and is for the Motorola Droid. I have been working on this ROM maintaining sync with Google/Android while putting in a few extras.
This ROM is very close to straight stock except being compiled from the latest source (2.2.1) and uses the FRG22D proprietary files and proper market fingerprint. My goal when I started this was to retain the stock look and feel of a vanilla Android system but adding some extra support or features that didn't branch off too far from stock.
I have been running this for a few weeks and after the suggestion from a few of my friends who have been testing and/or running this ROM I decided to make it available for others. I'd like to give a special thanks to Deodexed as he provided a lot of testing on his spare Droid once I got tired of constantly flashing and setting mine up again and again...
This has the latest Gmail app and I have removed Maps, Streetview and Google Voice Search as they are available in the Market. Twitter and AmazonMp3 were also removed (from personal choice).
I leaned heavily on cvpcs's and cyanogenmod's github accounts for the little extras and for some pushes in the right direction.
You can also follow my work on github @ SnkBitten's Profile - GitHub
- 2.2.1: Created new vendor setup for SnkBitten ROM
- Build numbering starting at 2.2.1 to match Froyo Release 2.2.1 as synced to Google's source (AOSP)
- Built from AOSP source for Froyo Nothing fancy, nothing extreme, trying to remain as close to stock Froyo but with a touch of enhancements and improved features.
- New kernel [cvpcs] Added 250-800SV kernel for the purpose of providing more stability out-of-the-box.
- Added Reboot option to Power Off button press [Woodyman]
- Added Audio DSP settings [alankila] Alankila's Audio Digital Signal Processing system. DSPManager in apps.
- Superuser compiled in [ChainsDD] Using source repo of ChainsDD to pull Superuser for build.
- Using proprietaries from FRG22D leak The leak (courtesy p3droid) has been included in this release
- Changed build.prop overrides to fix Market issues [cyanogen] Changed the build prop overrides to match that of FRG22D so that market will believe SnkBitten is a standard verizon release
- Added ability to see MOD/ROM version in Settings [cvpcs] This allows for the phone to better match Verizon's releases.
- Added busybox [cvpcs (removed need for modified bionic)] [cyanogen (base)] provides a large set of command line executables
- Added libc-ext [cvpcs] provides syscalls not included in bionic used by busybox
- Added SNKWallpapers [cyanogen] removed cyanogenmod specific images, added other images found on web
- Other tweaks: Reduced ring delay from 3000 to 1000 Increased WiFi scan time from 15 to 90 Added FLAC support [cyanogen] Updated to wpa-supplicant 0.6.x [koush] Removed Maps, Street, Voice Search from build (obtain from Market for latest) Includes latest Google CarHome app
- Added additional applications Wired Tether Wireless Tether Move2SD Enabler (GUI for Apps2SD) Download Crutch Lite (download any file type in browser)
- Basic scripts - sysrw, sysro and compache. Compcache does work with the included kernel however I personally do not use it.
Picture below show applications NOT included (LauncherPro and Root Exlporer)
Special thanks to cvpcs, cyanogenmod, InsaneNemesis, Woodyman and koush. This would not have been possible without help from all the above either via emails, pms or following/borrowing from their respective github repositories. Again, thanks to Deodexed for testing this ROM as I tweaked it or added new features.