DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alltel Milestone ROM?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Alltel Milestone ROM?

Hello, please pardon me if I post this in an incorrect forum. Here's the back story: I'm a previous Verizon person. I switched to Alltel to get unlimited internet on a wireless card.

I'm wondering if someone can use something like ROM Manager to do a backup of the Alltel firmware so that we can flash them over from Verizon? They should be similar enough to be okay, right? Then we should be able to activate them on Alltel with full functionality. Is anyone able to make a backup or locate the SBF for this phone? I'll be willing to flash it and report back!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Getintothegame; 09-25-2010 at 08:06 PM.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Alltel Milestone ROM?

Yes it is fine. I was able to use Rom Manager along with Bugless Beast v0.5 to flash my Alltel Milestone. It is pretty much the same thing as the Droid 1. Just make sure you do a backup with SPF recovery first!!! Once I had Bugless Beast installed, I was able to revert back to my Alltel rom or boot up back into Bugless Beast. Make sure you back up and wipe your data/cache.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    It seems that would be a great progress in this business.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone
    Yes it is fine. I was able to use Rom Manager along with Bugless Beast v0.5 to flash my Alltel Milestone. It is pretty much the same thing as the Droid 1. Just make sure you do a backup with SPF recovery first!!! Once I had Bugless Beast installed, I was able to revert back to my Alltel rom or boot up back into Bugless Beast. Make sure you back up and wipe your data/cache.
    Were you able to send and recieve MMS. I have Bugless Beast running on an Altell Milestone as well, but I can not send or recieve MMS..
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by joelmarley View Post
    Were you able to send and recieve MMS. I have Bugless Beast running on an Altell Milestone as well, but I can not send or recieve MMS..
    MMS is only working on the alltel rom for me...

anybody have a mms fix for verizon roms on alltel milestone?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaX24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joelmarley View Post
    MMS is only working on the alltel rom for me...

anybody have a mms fix for verizon roms on alltel milestone?

Are you refering to the factory 2.1 ROM? I have tried 3 different ROMs. Still no MMS. I can mess with it and get it to recieve, but I can not send. I can go back to the factory ROM and no problems.
    Last edited by joelmarley; 10-25-2010 at 02:24 PM.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Yeah, the factory 2.1 I love the speed of the oc'd 2.2 roms, but mms is too important to use them permanently...

I know mms works on the htc hero with custom roms on alltel, it just required a seperate fix file that was flashed over sprint roms...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone
    Hopefully someone will hear our plea and help us find a fix. I love the new ROMs I would like to have MMS working correctly.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    ugh... I lose hope more and more each day that I can't find anything about an mms fix...
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    there is currently a HTC Hero mms fix for alltel ( [HOWTO] Root on Alltel CDMA Hero - xda-developers ) but it doesn't work on the milestone. Seems to be very similar issues, but the HTC Hero and Milestone are too different for the same fix to work.

I'm no Linux man, so I wouldn't even know where to start looking for the fix to MMS...

It's a shame too because I LOVE the milestone other than having to choose between speed and usability.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links