DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: best rom suitable for you

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1

best rom suitable for you

i am using chevys simply stunning 4.8 update and previously was using his 4.7...i see that people say that diff roms work with diff peoples phones but i am trying to see who overall has the better rom in general as far as battery life, capabilities,etc...it seems like maybe that would be bbs and chevys but i would like people opinions on this cause i might want to change it to see but dont wanna waste my time..i was using chevys lv 1.2 kernal but it seems that p3s kernal lv 1.2 seems to be working better and have a lil less battery drainage...so just trying to see people overviews on things they have tried and what has worked best overall for them
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    There are probably close to 100 posts like this here. The most rational answer is try them all out and see what you and your phone like. Thats thie nice thing about ROM's and kernels, you can mix and match them to see what works.

Ok, now that thats out of the way, my simplyliquidbuglesseleteultimatecmkang ROMv127.35.87 RC7beta2alpha9 with the bazilion ghz Oc kernel is INSANE!!!11!!!1one!1

Sorry, I had to start the fanaticism post before someone else did!
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    I keep hearing every Droid is different so you need to find the ROM and kernel that is the right match for your phone and usage and tastes and such...

I bounced between a few ROMs and landed on ShadowROM for a few reasons. I like the CPU control built into the ROM (but I still use SetCPU too). I love the lock screen music controls and will now never consider a ROM without them. I also like that it supports the ColdFusion theme (or vice-versa, really).

I've used the same Chevy overclocked LV kernel on every ROM since my first root. It has always been stable and fast.

Generally I'm not one to try to fix stuff that ain't broken. I'll stick with what works until there's a compelling reason to change. I've looked at the ROMs that have released since ShadowROM and none presents that compelling reason.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    ok im just gonna stick to chevys rom and kernels cause it is doing its job for me

Links