DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Official 2.2 rom for Droid 1

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Official 2.2 rom for Droid 1

Hello, I just activated my certified replacement Droid. It is running 2.1, yet says no system update are available? Can I get a link to manually update it? I'm only asking cause I heard there is a newer version of 2.2 for Droid or something and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks.

I know I sound like an idiot but my last Droid was actually rooted and running custom roms, but I don't want to get around to that yet. But I am unfamiliar with stock roms. Lol.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipBack View Post
    Hello, I just activated my certified replacement Droid. It is running 2.1, yet says no system update are available? Can I get a link to manually update it? I'm only asking cause I heard there is a newer version of 2.2 for Droid or something and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks.

I know I sound like an idiot but my last Droid was actually rooted and running custom roms, but I don't want to get around to that yet. But I am unfamiliar with stock roms. Lol.
    It should update on it's own. Have you tried pressing "check for updates" in your settings?

To update to 2.2 FRG22D you need to first update to FRG01B which you'll find in the news section then install the patch update FRG22D also in the news section. But like I said it should update on its own anyway.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipBack View Post

It should update on it's own. Have you tried pressing "check for updates" in your settings?

To update to 2.2 FRG22D you need to first update to FRG01B which you'll find in the news section then install the patch update FRG22D also in the news section. But like I said it should update on its own anyway.
    Yes, it is showing "Your system is currently up to date."

Links