DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 122

Thread: UD, Bgill and Redman....

  1. Beta Team
    RafficaX's Avatar
    Member #
    98317
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    605
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #1

    UD, Bgill and Redman....

    As everyone knows, alot of people are trying to get UD back here on DF for everyone to enjoy. But some people are not following simple "rules" of the community, as in credit the original developer of items if you use them and ask to use them first, asking first is mostly a theme guide line.

    i received a phone call telling me all this earlier today and wanted to put a response to it all up on DF, so its not a he / she battle all over again.

    As many know, Redman ported themes from bgill without asking first, then bgill responded with a theme that bootlooped your phone once installed. From what i have been told Bgill removed the item after a few minutes knowing he was wrong, and i have been told he apologized for what he did. As far as Bgill goes i asked during my phone call that he not be banned on DF for what he did. He knew he was wrong but, was plain out mad with Redmans actions.

    Once before a theme from Bgill was ported to UD that upset him bc of not asking first and crediting it correctly. The issues was resolved by talking to Bgill and being okayed to port themes as long as credited correctly, but it was not okayed for Redman to do so. Previous talks involved Srtfool and Bgill about it when it happened before.

    As far as Redman goes, he has been banned on UD and i believe DF as well. Post were made on UD stating that you needed to ask first to port themes and credit them correctly. Many will say me or BD should have caught it, but we dont ask everyone who ports a theme or posts it that they asked the dev and it was okayed, we assumed they would do that on there own. i can not say how long the ban will last for, but so apologizes from Redman will be needed to alot of people before anything for unbanning is even discussed.

    As far as this happen again, we will be now asking if the theme was okayed to be ported before they release it and as far as Bgill's themes go i am gonna see if he would like to port them himself to avoid any further headaches, everyone at some point has used a theme from him bc they are plain out awesome.

    I would like to apologize to Bgill for this happening again with his themes. But more so the users of UD that were affected by the bootlooping theme in the IRC. Me and BD will be making more of a push to avoid these issues and make it that themes are not ported with out the okay of the dev.

    This is not a resolution or anything, just what point it is at now.

    Please do not move thread, this was discussed with an admin of DF on the phone as to being posted here.
    Last edited by RafficaX; 08-30-2010 at 04:05 PM.
  2. Theme Developer
    kook's Avatar
    Member #
    20945
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,041
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    KookDoes
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Too much drama...that's why I just port them all myself. All people need to do is ask. I know my themes inside and out and that's the best way to get the best of it. Someone who has intimate workings with that theme.

    I hope all smooths over and we can all just get along.
    Search "kookahdoo" on the market for my themed apps.
  3. Senior Droid
    eclsnowman's Avatar
    Member #
    39762
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    226
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #3
    This is just a side note, but I hope that DEV's will be more open to allowing their themes ported, or porting them themselves to other platforms.

    I know that many out there, for thier own reasons, do not like UD. This effects the users of UD because no one wants their themes ported to UD. I know that I have asked several people through PM premission to port themes over for my own use (no even sharing) and never been responded to.

    We all want the same thing; phones customized the way we see best. Some people are technical enough to port/create the themes themselves for personal use, some on the other hand are not. These are the people that RedmanX was trying to help. He helped me learn theming and was truly patient with me during the process.

    I am not trying to stir the pot, only interject a little in-site in what this community can fee like when the rom they like puts them in second class citizen status.

    my 2cents.
  4. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    So in the end, bgill55 screws up peoples phones because he's upset and get's nothing? If I intentionally hacked someones computer and forced them to lose all data and got caught guess what, I'm not worried about a ban, I'm worried about jail time and monetary damages from being sued.

    I will say this... all my trust in anything bgill55 does is gone and him getting off the hook makes me lose a lot of respect for DF. I will never use another thing bgill55 makes because I am not going to take the chance your out to do harm cause your feelings got hurt.

    Too bad man.. I think you (bgill55) just tossed all your credibility out the window by losing your cool and not going about things in the right manner.

    4:41pm. If his status changes, so might my attitude but right now, I'm upset and I am voicing that frustration.
    Last edited by xkape; 08-30-2010 at 02:42 PM.
  5. Beta Team
    T-Dev's Avatar
    Member #
    86769
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    250
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Mine was one of the phones that BGill nuked...sent him a note asking WTF and basically got a "To bad so sad" message from him. not much of an apologyu if you ask me.
  6. Senior Droid
    Zalyia38's Avatar
    Member #
    84440
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    148
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RafficaX View Post
    As everyone knows, alot of people are trying to get UD back here on DF for everyone to enjoy. But some people are not following simple "rules" of the community, as in credit the original developer of items if you use them and ask to use them first, asking first is mostly a theme guide line.

    i received a phone call telling me all this earlier today and wanted to put a response to it all up on DF, so its not a he / she battle all over again.

    As many know, Redman ported themes from bgill without asking first, then bgill responded with a theme that bootlooped your phone once installed. From what i have been told Bgill removed the item after a few minutes knowing he was wrong, and i have been told he apologized for what he did. As far as Bgill goes i asked during my phone call that he not be banned on DF for what he did. He knew he was wrong but, was plain out mad with Redmans actions.

    Once before a theme from Bgill was ported to UD that upset him bc of not asking first and crediting it correctly. The issues was resolved by talking to Bgill and being okayed to port themes as long as credited correctly, but it was not okayed for Redman to do so. Previous talks involved Srtfool and Bgill about it when it happened before.

    As far as Redman goes, he has been banned on UD and i believe DF as well. Post were made on UD stating that you needed to ask first to port themes and credit them correctly. Many will say me or BD should have caught it, but we dont ask everyone who ports a theme or posts it that they asked the dev and it was okayed, we assumed they would do that on there own. i can not say how long the ban will last for, but so apologizes from Redman will be needed to alot of people before anything for unbanning is even discussed.

    As far as this happen again, we will be now asking if the theme was okayed to be ported before they release it and as far as Bgill's themes go i am gonna see if he would like to port them himself to avoid any further headaches, everyone at some point has used a theme from him bc they are plain out awesome.

    I would like to apologize to Bgill for this happening again with his themes. But more so the users of UD that were affected by the bootlooping theme in the IRC. Me and BD will be making more of a push to avoid these issues and make it that themes are not ported with out the okay of the dev.

    Please do not move thread, this was discussed with an admin of DF on the phone as to being posted here.
    Serious? bgill55 doesn't get banned for what he did to innocent people? Then you apologize to him. You actually think people will trust his themes?

    The fact that he enjoyed doing it....straight from his twitter:
    "@nwgal34 Well let see the only ones effected were UD users! so im good I will sleep well!!! by the way who are you?"
    "@nwgal34 I lost respect from UD users I can live with that!"
    "sorry UD users Thank BD and RedMan!!! "
    "Nuked a few UD phones tonight What did you do??"

    You support this? I am really shocked.

    Shame on all of you, especially bgill55.
    Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO|AOKP
    Moto Xoom 4g - Codename
    Kindle Fire - rooted
  7. Senior Droid
    DarthMurdicide's Avatar
    Member #
    8411
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kookahdoo View Post
    Too much drama...that's why I just port them all myself. All people need to do is ask. I know my themes inside and out and that's the best way to get the best of it. Someone who has intimate workings with that theme.

    I hope all smooths over and we can all just get along.
    +1 kookahdoo, that solves this, doesn't it? Themers do HELLA great work, and unfortunately, some of them make their themes exclusive to particular ROMs. So when someone running another ROM wants to use that awesome work, they request the original themer to port it, and they're ignored or denied, usually because of the really, really old UD/Cyanogen war. So, they request others to port it. And others oblige, simple supply/demand really. Don't the single-platform themers out there realize that they would receive more donation revenues if they ported to other ROMs when requested, and also keep the integrity of their themes by porting themselves?
  8. Master Droid
    bomber889's Avatar
    Member #
    48503
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    864
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #8
    bgill is awesome
  9. Senior Droid
    Icculus760's Avatar
    Member #
    2295
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    191
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic (adios OGD)
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    So in the end, bgill55 screws up peoples phones because he's upset and get's nothing?
    Can you explain how he screwed up people's phones?

    OP indicated it just sent you into a bootloop. I don't know about any of you guys, but I ALWAYS do a nandroid b/u before installing a rom/kernel/theme/whatever.

    Couldn't you just do a restore? Was the bootloop just one of other effects (like wiping backups or something?)

    I'm not taking sides here - really just want to know how it could've screwed up your phone if it only caused a bootloop like the OP indicates.
    OG_Droid --> Bionic --> SGS4 (Verizon). Too lazy to update signature every time I flash something, so....

    BIG THANKS to every developer and anyone who's answered my or others questions!!
  10. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber889 View Post
    bgill is awesome
    He may be an awesome dev but that doesn't excuse what he did. The childish BS has gone on long enough, all around.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android red man icon
,
bgill
,

bgill themes

,
droid red man
,

htc thunderbolt red man icon

,
red man icon on android phone
,

redman themes

,
redman ud theme
,
what is the red man icon on my verizon phone
,

xavierdarkness

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+