DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: UD, Bgill and Redman....

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    now its out for everyone to see how he really egged everyone on

Quote Originally Posted by KingofLrk View Post
    Bgill, sorry but you left out part of you post where you deliberately led UD users on:

[18:35] <bgill55_> I just wanted to Clear some air!
    [18:35] <Xavierdarkness> So? Lol
    [18:36] <bgill55_> I know there has been some issues with my themes over here
    [18:36] <bgill55_> I know I over reacted a bit it was just hard to see my work over there
    [18:36] <CV2Droid> if you want me tot ake it down i will just say so
    [18:36] <bgill55_> but im over it now!!
    [18:36] <CV2Droid> im fine with thgat
    [18:36] <CV2Droid> oh
    [18:36] <CV2Droid> sorry i did not ask you
    [18:37] <bgill55_> I have made a full Port to UD for Incognito all made XML edits are in and I have to say it looks stellar
    [18:37] <Xavierdarkness> bgill55_: who are you? Lol. I don't go on forums.
    [18:37] <+jbrock98> wow bgill awesome
    [18:37] <@hookerdj> nice
    [18:37] <bgill55_> that lock screen of yours was a litt to get used to
    [18:37] <CV2Droid> cool cool
    [18:37] <@Glock|> for the record, i haven't run incognito yet but it have been tempting me every time i see it
    [18:38] <bgill55_> but its themed cool!
    [18:38] * Kanibull (~android@ip68-229-0-119.lv.lv.cox.net) has joined #blackdroidmod
    [18:38] <+jbrock98> where can i get a hold of ur work bgill55
    [18:38] <bgill55_> I enjoyed it very much
    [18:38] <@hookerdj> link?
    [18:38] <@Glock|> go to the theme section in the forums
    [18:38] <@Glock|> there's a link to gbills page in cvdroid's theme post
    [18:38] <bgill55_> here is the Link if you are on another theme I suddest flashing the Stock Rom first then the theme
    [18:38] <+jbrock98> it feels like some sarcasm bgill
    [18:38] <bgill55_> if you are on Incognito now just flash right over it!
    [18:38] <+FailDroid> cya guys
    [18:39] <+jbrock98> or u serious
    [18:39] <@hookerdj> later fail
    [18:39] <bgill55_> sorry to all for the jump to conclusions!!!
    [18:39] <bgill55_> http://www.jbthemes.com/bgill55/UD_7...Theme_v1.5.zip
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Although I have been a long time lurker here for several months, this is my first - and probably last - post. I have found the forums here to be very helpful and have learned much. But what I have learned today about this issue is completely unacceptable to me.

I do hope that none of the phones involved were government owned or used phones; if they were, an argument could be made that it was a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. And even though he would probably get off, it might cost considerable before then. if any of the phones were in Germany, the situation would be far worse; their laws in this area are positively draconian.

With all of the roms and themes I have seen released, I have not seen any reference to a licence under which they have been released. That being the case, acknowledgement of work incorporated, while morally correct, is not legally required. Perhaps I have missed the copyright notices. Or the license. But I do try to look for these having been involved in open source projects for decades.

The decision to condone and apologize to possibly illegal behaviour is simply wrong. Why would such a decision be made? because he had been a contributer? this is nothing more than sophistry. I would hope that moderators are above this. And on this note I will end, even if it gets me banned.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    like i said this just shows how much class he has see

Bgill, sorry but you left out part of you post where you deliberately led UD users on:

[18:36] <bgill55_> I know I over reacted a bit it was just hard to see my work over there
    [18:37] <bgill55_> I have made a full Port to UD for Incognito all made XML edits are in and I have to say it looks stellar
    [18:37] <@Glock|> for the record, i haven't run incognito yet but it have been tempting me every time i see it
    [18:38] * Kanibull (~android@ip68-229-0-119.lv.lv.cox.net) has joined #blackdroidmod
    [18:38] <bgill55_> here is the Link if you are on another theme I suddest flashing the Stock Rom first then the theme
    Last edited by hookerdj; 08-30-2010 at 06:35 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razor

Ohhhhh, I get it now. So for using someone else's open source programs or what not, you get banned. For maliciously, and purposely getting people to load a harmful program you get a slap on the wrist. I get it now.
    Sent from my Droid using the keypad.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
  5. Guest
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    D1...what else?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    yep and for posting an opinion that differs from a higher up you get your post erased and maybe banned
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Love the quote by hookerdj:

"if you dont want your work out there and ported than dont release it to the public"

Wow. I am sure you know how much time goes into a theme, correct? Ok, cool. So you just want to enjoy the pics others put up of what they have done, without being able to try it out or anything. I will try to remember that. I don't ask for anything. I try to have everything fixed as soon as I see it. I don't care who does what with my stuff, I would just like the recognition of being asked. I realize I am not a big dog on the scene, but small things like that would keep these issues from popping up.

7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuglio View Post
    What would I like to see?

A. A poll asking the current 14k viewers of droidforums a simple yes or no answer, "should UD have his own section for users to feel free to discuss" with a honest writeup of the reasons he was banned in the first place (saying it goes deeper then you know is not acceptable)The parties involved in a UD section being put up have already been in discussions about a possible return for a few days now. No need for a poll.

B. A FORMAL AND PUBLIC apology from whoever was involved with spreading malicious code specifically targeted at UD users. These users just destroyed this website's credibility and having a mod say "well he apologised to us" does not cut it, the mods were not the target of this MALICIOUS attack. See above

C. Some faith gained back at the moderators of this forum, right now it feels like the people in power hold a specific grudge against UD and are saying one thing and doing the other.
    Seeing how blackdroid has conducted himself through this entire thing and asking that bgill not be banned and banning redmanX speaks volumes of him. Holding a grudge? How about holding him in VERY high regard.

answers in red.................
    i actually asked for him not to be banned. he apologized to an admin, then did a public. he can deal with the repricutions of his actions from the community i feel. as the same with red man, some sort of apology to an admin then unban and apologize to the community also.

and things are pretty close to a UD return to DF! with everyone playing so nice with UD thread currently alot fell it wont cause more harm than good bringing UD back. A come back to UD needs to be in UD's and DF's best interest. If it causes trolling wars i would say its not in DF's best interest. But all looks great so far. Glad you guys are enjoying UD and cant wait ti upload UD 8.0 for you guys later tonight well, atleast tonight is what is being aimed for!
    Last edited by RafficaX; 08-30-2010 at 06:44 PM.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Does redmanx get a chance to apologize as well?
    yes, would need to contact an admin on DF or UD first. Ban stays in place for now so he cant post anything else or upload anything else or avoid it and troll the 2 forums.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    this is getting old im out peace

"if you dont want your work out there and ported than dont release it to the public"

Wow. I am sure you know how much time goes into a theme, correct? Ok, cool. So you just want to enjoy the pics others put up of what they have done, without being able to try it out or anything. I will try to remember that. I don't ask for anything. I try to have everything fixed as soon as I see it. I don't care who does what with my stuff, I would just like the recognition of being asked. I realize I am not a big dog on the scene, but small things like that would keep these issues from popping up.[/quote]
    Last edited by hookerdj; 08-30-2010 at 06:46 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I have seen a ban towards the person that stated this
    "I did it myself, I haven't posted it up anywhere I don't plan too, I know its his baby not mine 2 distribute, its my favorite theme & I wanted it on my favorite rom"
    ummm...thats my quote and i'm not banned, unless sum1 else said the exact same thing as me....i'm curious tho where'd u see that???
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Links