DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lithium vs Saphire

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sapphires roms are very close to the actual froyo based update, however like other developers like the cyanogen team, they compile the code from source in their own way , they enhance it by adding options thus giving you more control over your phone. Lithium mod is based off cyanogens own rom without the stock theme, giving you more options to change the overall look of the UI. But with all these themes floating around for all these roms, no matter what rom you choose the options are there. Both offer customized options within their own settings, gem settings and absolute system.
    CM 6.1.2
    Stock Theme/ADW Launcher
    P3's 1.2ghz LV Kernal
    Quadrant 1709
    Next phone: TBA
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    IMO, that's part of the beauty, and fun, of being rooted - you can experience them ALL yourself, without having to pick just one. i switch roms about every couple of days. try them all out, and find the one that fits YOU and YOUR phone the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Baked Potato Soup View Post
    I think maybe the OP was wondering what are somethings that Sapphire offers that Lithium doesn't, and vice-versa. I am wondering the same thing myself, and would appreciate being able to see that for some of the other Roms.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    IMO, that's part of the beauty, and fun, of being rooted - you can experience them ALL yourself, without having to pick just one. i switch roms about every couple of days. try them all out, and find the one that fits YOU and YOUR phone the best...

I think maybe the OP was wondering what are somethings that Sapphire offers that Lithium doesn't, and vice-versa. I am wondering the same thing myself, and would appreciate being able to see that for some of the other Roms.
    +1! I have been rooted for about 2 months now and have gone through like 10 different ROMs and will keep going! Try them both. At the end of the day, its YOUR phone. Either way, you can't go wrong with these Devs!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid ShadowRom
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by durrell View Post
    I just switched from LM to Sapphire and they're both great. I suppose it's also a matter of principle since LM is based on Cyanogen and Sapphire is source-based. However, I know there has been some discussion among the LM devs about moving to Android Open Source Project base instead of CM. Regardless, both are great ROMs and I'd run either of them.
    As a LithiumMod developer, I have to say you are sorely mistaken.. CM is just as "source-based" as AOSP is.. Why anyone would think any differently is beyond my scope...
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid ShadowRom
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post

+1! I have been rooted for about 2 months now and have gone through like 10 different ROMs and will keep going! Try them both. At the end of the day, its YOUR phone. Either way, you can't go wrong with these Devs!!
    I also have to agree with this. Don't go with what other people tell you. Try them all. Pick your own favorite!
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, HTC TB, and D1
    Quote Originally Posted by billygalbreath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by durrell View Post
    I just switched from LM to Sapphire and they're both great. I suppose it's also a matter of principle since LM is based on Cyanogen and Sapphire is source-based. However, I know there has been some discussion among the LM devs about moving to Android Open Source Project base instead of CM. Regardless, both are great ROMs and I'd run either of them.
    As a LithiumMod developer, I have to say you are sorely mistaken.. CM is just as "source-based" as AOSP is.. Why anyone would think any differently is beyond my scope...
    exactly just because its CM based doesnt mean we are just taking CM's update.zip and going pete on it. it will be a very highly modified version of CM's Source code(just like if we were to use aosp)
    Galaxy Nexus: ICS53F Rooted/Unlocked Thunder Bolt: CM7.1.1 Droid 1: CM6
    Team Shadow

want to buy me some orange juice?? Donate if you like my work
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    think of it this way: compiling from cm is a compile of a modified compile off of aosp cm is built off aosp, and building off cm will be like building off aosp
  8. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    I could care less how they're built. As long as they work and have some nice features, it really doesn't matter. Sapphire runs a little better on my phone, but that's not gonna keep me from flashing other roms. I really dig the collision themed version of Li mod.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Duhhhhhhhhhhhh
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You can't pit two roms togeter eatch other they eatch have here own class