DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: No CyanogenMod?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

No CyanogenMod?

I see it come up every now and then in a signature or two, but rarely do I see people talk about CM.

Im pretty new to the scene but shouldnt the first ROM get a little more recognition?

I just tried out the nightlies etc and really am curious why theres random ROMS out there getting a lot of attention and very little about CM?
    Goodbye Droid...Hello Nexus!!!!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaine88 View Post
    I see it come up every now and then in a signature or two, but rarely do I see people talk about CM.

Im pretty new to the scene but shouldnt the first ROM get a little more recognition?

I just tried out the nightlies etc and really am curious why theres random ROMS out there getting a lot of attention and very little about CM?
    Maybe since CM has his own forums most of his users don't come here too often. Also most of the discussion about CM here will be under the Koush Custom Rom section since Koush is the dev that maintains CM for Droid (that is why there isn't a CyanogenMod section). There are definitely some serious CM fans around though. I'll try out CM6 once they finalize it, the feature list is pretty impressive.
    Project Elite v6.5 Link2SD for apps on sdext and Super Freaking Charged thanks to ZepplinRox!
    Thanks to all the devs out there keeping the OG Droid running strong!
    Join Dropbox for all your file storage and sharing needs, join from this link to give me more space
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ATRIX
    also ulitmate droid is prob the best along with chevy
    Motorola ATRIX 3.5G =D
    Ginger-blur ROM 3.1
    Unlocked baseband
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Sapphire 1.0.0 is the best.
    Last edited by captdroid; 08-11-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I just loaded Liquid Frozen Yogurt, and I REALLY like it. I'm going to try Sapphire next now that it's final. CM6RC2 was a little laggy for me, but I have no doubt the final will be smoov.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaine88 View Post

1) The first rom on some other Android phones maybe, but not the first on the Droid...

2) CM for the Droid has its own section where it's discussed: Koush - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

3) Back in the 2.1 days CM used to be arguably the most popular rom for the Droid and it had by far the best and most unique features, for instance if you wanted apps2sd you basically had CM as the only choice. It's still popular however with stock 2.2 including most of the coolest formerly rom-only features a lot of the other roms have caught up. CM is still very popular but not as popular as it used to be.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    Plus the koush / blackdroid bulls**t didnt help the CM popularity here either. I seem to remember a DOS attack somewhere, but thats ok for some people.
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.

Links